clutch pedal falls to the floor

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
figured it out guys...i feel like a dumb ass too...lol... i didnt have the rod against the clutch fork. the clutch fork has a little play and was pushed down a tad.

but another question...

the clutch is releasing high. the car has no clutch adjustment. i would imagine with all this bleeding i have done i have gotten all of the air out of the lines, but, maybe not...?

E

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
State of Confusion
Real Name
E
I had a feeling you were doing something strange. What you described is like bleeding calipers while you're holding on to it and not bolted on to the car. :rofl: It just won't work.

As for the clutch releasing high. There may be some difference from the old one and the new. Meaning the push rod is a bit shorter. How does the pressure feel? Is it's a bit spongy? You may still have some small bubbles that have to be bled out. Last would be that if there is any play in the bolt holes that hold it down? loosen the bolts and push the slave closer to the fork and tighten. I don't know how it's bolted down so the last is just a guess if it applies.

E

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
State of Confusion
Real Name
E
Hold on......reverse some things i said.
If the push rod is "longer" on the new slave then it's keeping pressure on the fork keeping it not fully engaged when you release the clutch so it you have play in the bolts holding it down? Loosen and move the cylinder away from the fork. Again pending on the setup.

E

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
State of Confusion
Real Name
E
It's a new to me clutch, but used. The pressure is good, nice a solid but not to stiff. And the transmission has studs and slave is held on with nuts, so that's not an option of pushing it down more.

It might just be since it's a differnet clutch, I was j/w if there was a detonate reason

If everything else is cool then i wouldn't worry about it too much if at all. You will always get a different position when you replace stuff. Worry when it engages to close to the fire wall and it's not a new clutch. :bigthumb:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• ldyzluvdis06
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list