Garage break-in; car stolen (belvidere

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Damn that sucks ass. I fucking hate scum like that....i'd have a stomach ache every time I parked my car if I had a built Honda. You should get one of those big metal cages they have at the mall store windows. Install it behind the regular garage door and nobody would know.

If you've got windows in the garage I'd cover those up so people can't see in.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Yep. Happened to my friends 97 type R. It was stolen downtown in a paid parking lot mid day. Even had a crazy alarm with perimeter monitoring. His key chain went off and by the time he got there it was long gone. Showed up down the block on the street within 24 hours completely stripped; even put 4 lug suspension and donuts on it.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yea, you can pretty much sell 90% of the parts from a type R, and you can sell them quick. If there were more of them they would be the most stolen car. But if you took it relative to how many there are, they are hands down the most stolen car in the world IMO.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Damn that sucks ass. I fucking hate scum like that....i'd have a stomach ache every time I parked my car if I had a built Honda. You should get one of those big metal cages they have at the mall store windows. Install it behind the regular garage door and nobody would know.

If you've got windows in the garage I'd cover those up so people can't see in.

I had to build one for a Best Buy in the city. Theives rammed the bottom panel and made out with 7 flat screen tvs in less than a minute and a half. So they had us build a steel cage around the inside of the doors.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
on honda's ive had no problem with just using a well worn key and jiggling it a little.....

accidently switched key's on two honda's we were working on at harry's...didnt know about it till the 2nd owner said those werent his key's.....after that i tried it a few more times and id say it worked more than half the time unlocking the doors and starting it...

this shit is one reason jamie is having me fully integrate his antitheft shit into his mustangs harness with multiple imobilizers....he's still gonna have to remember to turn the steering wheel all the way to the lock every time he parks though to prevent a wheel lift/flatbed towNgo.

That's why I wont kill the VATS on the TA.... its just one more thing they'd have to get thru. That and I always have it torn apart in the garage anyways! :rofl:

thats easy, 50hz ground pulsed signal box with 3 wires-1 on a certain pin of the pcm...done
or they can just power on IGN V and reflash it right there.

nothing is fullproof, the best you can do is have enough layers of security that it'll take em too long to break through and drive it off....thats when they come back with a wrecker usually

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Are they that easy to steal?

yup - reach thru the grill and grab the hood release and pop it - to steal engine parts...

pry the top of the drivers door away from the body - reach in with device and unlock car....then basicaly by pass the ign switch or just jab a screwdriver in it...

saw so many people with their own "boot" for wheels the last time we were in jersey for the races...security was even checking to make sure keys were in the ign when we left...crazyness with all this thievery!!

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
on honda's ive had no problem with just using a well worn key and jiggling it a little.....

accidently switched key's on two honda's we were working on at harry's...didnt know about it till the 2nd owner said those werent his key's.....after that i tried it a few more times and id say it worked more than half the time unlocking the doors and starting it...

QUOTE]

:stupid:

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
Someone could have seen that car anywhere and followed him home and been casing the place for months. Who knows. If someone wants a car, they're going to steal it weather its in Belvidere, Elgin, Loves Park or Roscoe. A guy I work with had an '00-ish blue Civic SI stolen from his apartment in Batavia. It someone wants it, they'll get it, period.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info