whats up turbo 427. in a whaaaat....

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
new hot rod magazine...

2011-05-2195112338.jpg

[Kid: Remember me - I'm the guy putting an LS7 in my SS - Well things are underway and I have a link with a few pictures to show you. The people helping me with this project are making a photo album for me (seeing I have no idea how to take pictures) and they sent me a few to look at.

With all the research I have been doing - it was determined that the block and head combination on an all out drag car (which this is not) could handle probably 1400 HP but of course with my weak tranny I am no where near going there. This will be a street driver with 650 WHP on the motor and with the Turbo with 2-5# of boost over 800 HP. And still I worry about the transmission. I have had special machined parts made to replace the junk steel parts in the trans to strengthen it and also treated other parts to hardened them to withstand the wear and tear that this trans will have and upgraded everything possible. Anyway take a look at the beginning, this link should keep you updated. Thanks for your time. Sam Buscemi - oh by the way - everything I don't use will be for sale. All the old 5.3 stuff.

its got a 427 ls7 style motor destroked to a 409 with ls7x heads, billet fabircation intake, gt42r garrett turbo, and makes more than 800hp at the front wheels.

what.

the

fuck.

all in a 2007 monte carlo ss.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Well it sure is nice to know someone can appreciate my car as much as I do. I usually hang out on the Monte Carlo forum but I like it over here a bite more because the articles are a little more technical. I noticed someone only posted one link to my car - there are two with over 700 pictures total the second one showing a whole lot more of the build. I am not very good with computers and do not know how to post pictures but it can be found on the Monte Carlo forum and you are more than welcome to post the second link here also. The Hot Rod article got a couple things wrong but that is okay I made Hot Rod and to me that is the ultimate. The block is not cast it is billet machined from a one piece block and the 427 was destroked to 401. It was on the dyno all this week working through some final issues. It charted 959HP at the crank which of course is well over 800 at the wheels like the article said. The tuning is a bit of a problem but the shop and GM are working through it. There are some subroutines in the ECU that no one has access to except GM engineers and this tune needs access to that which GM can only provide. This build has taken over two years and should be done very shortly. The last issue was manufacturer's overrating the intercooler necessitating the need for another one which is on order now. The manufacturer's rating was 1000HP but it really was only 600 - Not good, caused some cylinders flamed out, which is easily resolved with a larger intercooler. This one was too restrictive with 20% differential between input and output when should be no different than 2%. Change it and finish my detail work on the interior, clean up - mount my new tires and home she comes. I really appreciate all the interest - this is the most exciting thing I have ever done ever. Thanks guys

https://picasaweb.google.com/bpsnell74/SamS2007ChevroletMonteCarloSS#

fucking 15k $ block.

what.

the

fuck.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
lol. 4t65... 1inch gm chain. and some crazy ass trans parts apparently:

Thankfully, sam's in the metal business; he had enough pull to get a $2,000, one piece high alloy steel, fourth gear clutch made to replace the spindly, oe, two piece stamped, pressed together unit. More friction discs, higher internal pressures, a billet converter and lots of torque management dialed in to the ecu help too. gmpp came to the rescue with its racing drivechain that couples the trans with the 3.42:1 gmpp limited slip diff

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Maybe he's never heard of the 3800 before. This car is so custom that the first time it blows up, and it's going to blow up, it's going to cost him many thousands of dollars to fix it, not to mention the 3800 can supply you with more power than a front wheel drive sedan would ever need while doing so inexpensively, with common, easily replaceable parts.

Unless this car is being built for the 1/4 mile only, I just don't see the point, and even if it is... all that money and you don't spend 10k of it to switch the drive wheels?

It's true what they say about a fool and his money. This car is a great example of things that can be done that probably shouldn't.

Then again, perhaps he has a lot more disposable income than I do and it's all a joke to him...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info