Bought a new car today, old one is GONE!

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Well, the wife's anyway. Was there late last night, walked out on the guy...came back this afternoon after they called me back twice with better offers.

Got a 2007 Chrysler Town and Country with 18K for $19,000. Pretty well loaded, the only two options we didn't get were the sunroof and DVD/NAV. Would have been nice to get the DVD thing for the kids though. There was another T&C on the lot with sunroof/DVD too, but the best I could get them to was 23K...If I could've got them to 21 it would have been a done deal, since it was almost $40K new.

I'd probably never buy new again, the one we bought was almost $20K off original sticker and it's only a year old with 18K on the clock, it's practically new.

So it's not too exciting, it's a minivan afterall. It's a relief having our Pacifica gone though. It was going on 55K miles, and the motor has been making expensive noises for almost a year now. Plus, for a 4 year old car, it was starting to bubble up rust everywhere.

The best part of the whole deal was I traded the Pacifica in bone dry. I left my sister in laws and it was at "0 miles to empty"...and I drove it about 10-15 miles to the dealership. The new car had a full-tank, lol.

I'd take pics, but who really wants to see it anyway?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
2605_p7_l.jpg

http://www.billkaychrysler.org/show_largeimages.php?cid=2605&picn=6

http://www.billkaychrysler.org/show_largeimages.php?cid=2605&picn=6

edit: ron, i'm not sure what those next two pics should link to so i left them for now - mook

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I'd probably never buy new again, the one we bought was almost $20K off original sticker and it's only a year old with 18K on the clock, it's practically new.

That's how I've bought my last three cars (depreciation on American cars is ridiculous).

My 99 GTP was ~27K new...bought it 1 year old with 14K for $18.5K
The wife's 01 Aztek GT was ~26K new...bought it 1 year old with 19K for $16K.
My 03 Bonne was ~35K new...bought it 1.5 years old with 22K for $19K.

Bought the GMPP Extended warranty for each of them. It's a smart money desicion for a daily driver. I would only buy new if it were going to be a garage queen. :)

Those Town and Country minivans are very nice. Congrats on the new ride Ron.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info