Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Noones ever done a thread like this before, so I ask:

Why did you buy your car?

the 3 I bought/own *the SHO with Kim*

92 Civic CX Hatchback - Dad Gave it to me as a Tax Evasion
07 Ford Focus - Wanted/needed a new car because civic blew its headgasket, and I was sick of buying beaters. I also didn't like neons/cobalts and couldn't get financing for a import.
95 Taurus SHO - Basically a freebie.

I could give a story on all the vehicles I've had.

But my 04 Civic (even tho she's in the body shop right now) was my most sensible choice. I'm financing it, which is a first for me.

My next car had to be stick, I don't feel right in a car unless it's got a manual transmission. Also I feel it is possible to get better MPG with a stick.

It was also a Honda Certified good condition low mileage car. Sure to go for a while, maintained Hondas seem to go on like the energizer bunny.

Four door sedan. 1.7L SOHC non vtec. Zero balls. Pretty good on insurance. Summer time I average 40mpg with it. Can take a bunch of buddies with, or my family, and the trunk has tons of space.

All my past cars were either handed to me, all I could afford, or a stupid choice.

On a side note having my car in the body shop these few weeks driving parents' cars and loaners cars, etc, I am learning to totally appreciate my Civic!! Should have it back Monday or Tuesday.

Sorry for the novel I like to type!

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
was my pop's company car the he ordered from the factory. $27,000.
3 years of 30k miles driven by my car-babying father and all service and done at every interval paid for by the company. After the three years, my pops got a new car deal and had the option for buying the sebring for 10% of the original price. So I got a 3 yr old car with 30k for $2,700. No payments so I kept it.

E

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
State of Confusion
Real Name
E
eh i dont know. ive been looking at smaller cars and thought a gsx would be a fun car that may get better gas mileage.

Highly doubt that because of the turbo and your driving 2 more wheels.

Had a 76 chevy nova that almost killed me a few time in the winter.
Moved up to an 80 jeep CJ7 that never got stuck and actually pulled out a fork lift stuck in gravel (middle of winter) had to get rid of it coz the gas miles were killing me and the body was just rusting off.
Last was a SC saturn just to get from A to B. It was cheep good gas but still got stuck in winter.

So the Eclipse was just everything i just said all in one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info