Can anyone here fabricate a small metal job for me? - Mini biki header

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Hey! Im busting out my Murray mini bike from the shed and im going to attempt to upgrade the engine :csi:

The engine I am going to get does not fit 100% on my mini bikes chassis. Specifically, the muffler and the air box... >:| So I need to create a custom header. It would look something like this:

2010_0518carb0006.JPG

Does anyone know any place I can have this made? Or can anyone suggest a solution for this?

Also, if anyone is interested, here is the forum which I am getting help to complete this build. Kinda cool to surf through if you get bored. Not sure if anyone here is into/has knowledge of this kind of stuff, but if you do I can always use a little extra help!

Freebeer's mini bike build

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
So you're using a 200cc Honda knockoff? That's what it looks like.

My best advice is to take it apart first and torque the rod bolts. Then buy some stiffer valve springs and remove the rev limiter and just run a normal throttle. It'll be north of 7.5hp at 5k rpms. :io:

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
So you're using a 200cc Honda knockoff? That's what it looks like.

My best advice is to take it apart first and torque the rod bolts. Then buy some stiffer valve springs and remove the rev limiter and just run a normal throttle. It'll be north of 7.5hp at 5k rpms. :io:

Yes its a Honda knock off on clearance for $75. Can't beat it! Torque the rod bolts? Rev limiter would be nice :) You know how to do this kind of stuff?

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Yes its a Honda knock off on clearance for $75. Can't beat it! Torque the rod bolts? Rev limiter would be nice :) You know how to do this kind of stuff?

We run genuine Honda gx200's. The knockoffs are quite a bit shittier but it'll last a decent amount still. We've experimented with them. Ive had cranks break, cams break and rod bolts come out.

With regards to the airbox; just remove the top. That's all we do. The filter even has a pre-filter.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
We run genuine Honda gx200's. The knockoffs are quite a bit shittier but it'll last a decent amount still. We've experimented with them. Ive had cranks break, cams break and rod bolts come out.

With regards to the airbox; just remove the top. That's all we do. The filter even has a pre-filter.

Any idea for a solution for the throttle assembly? Here is what one member did in a pinch just to give you an idea:

DSCF5782.jpg

DSCF5781.jpg

DSCF5780.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I found a solution for the throttle! Bought a kit online. I still need a solution for the header/exhaust... Any takers?

I could have set it up for basically nothing. If you need any help with modding it that's what I do for a living. I've got a link at home for performance stuff too. I'd suggest springs if you remove the limiter. They like to bend valves from too much float after a while.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I could have set it up for basically nothing. If you need any help with modding it that's what I do for a living. I've got a link at home for performance stuff too. I'd suggest springs if you remove the limiter. They like to bend valves from too much float after a while.

Lol damn i just spent $30 on the kit! Ill shoot u a pm in a minute.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Cool build! I just finished mine up recently. I am running the same engine. The clone motors are actually very stout! Maybe not for daily use on the go carts at chicago indoor racing JOEL, but they are a much better bang for the buck than the hondas. I could probably help you out with the exhaust. I have a tubing bender I haven't had a chance to use yet, and I am always out near schaumburg for work.

For the throttle, there is a light spring that goes from that throttle lever to the governor arm. With this spring in place, your governor will stop at around 3500rpm. If you replace this spring with a solid rod, and put a return spring on the governor arm, you can connect your throttle cable directly to that throttle arm. Basically the same thing as those pics, only this way you have a direct link to the throttle. Doing it this way completely bypasses the governor. I can take some pics of my set up when i get home.

Here is a link to my build on omb.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/44685-k-s-hornet-rebuild.html

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info