Lowering a R6

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
they make lowing links for the rear and you loosen up the clamp on the forks in the front and slide the forks up and reclamp the tube, I havent had a bike for a cupple years but I think kneedragers.com has the lowering links for 50ish bucks

This^
it's very easy and doesn't take long at all. For the front, loosen everything on forks and push it all down to the desired height an re tighten.
For the rear, support the bike on stands and remove stock dog bones. Install new ones at desired height. The new ones have either multiple mount holes, or single adjustables.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Don't lower it! It sucks the fun out of a bike.

The back is easy...I just made my own links out of aircraft grade aluminum...the front isn't as easy as just sliding the forks down...there is a limit to what you can do...and your front fender will hit if you go down more than 10mm or so. It's best to increase front spring rate to compensate...either way, it kills the handling and won't turn for shit once lowered.

Not to be a negative nancy...I learned the hard way

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I would guess and say he's not looking to slam it, maybe the bike is to tall and he can't get flat footed while on it. My brothers bike was sitting pretty low and was stretched 12" and turned quite nicely. Maybe it depends on the bike.

Mine rode fine slammed, turned nice, all that. Big, hard edged bumps would slap the fender though. After I had the bike a few seasons and learned how to get a knee down was when I learned the problems with the lowering. I rode some of my friends rides that were lowered, and they did similar things. Bike's balance is usually wierd, it like rocks back and forth (wiggles) more when you get it leaned over.

He probably won't feel much of that just street riding around here, no place to really get down on a bike...seems like the only fun is long sweepers until you get in the sticks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info