Powder Coating?

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
There's a place way out here called "EXCLUSIVE" in Fox Lake, IL. I asked them about whether or not they do powder coating. He told me that they send it out. Parts take about 12 to 20 days-depending on size, condition of the part, color, coating type (high temp/iridescent/chrome/etc.) number of stages, etc. etc.

I thought 10 days was a long time. I guess if you're looking for something real quick, you might want to look into getting some junky wheel and tires for a week.

I just picked up 2 rims from Aron off of a Camaro (for my firebird). I'm not in a hurry to slap them on, so if you need, I can loan you the 2 wheels I have-as long as the bolt pattern is the same.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I believe it is called A&J. In the back corner of the strip of car places that faces 87th west of Harlem across from Gerties. They do great work. They mounted my winter tires on rims and did shocks on my Dad's Montero. He is also going to them to have some other work done like timing belt and etc.

TWOSCOOPS87

TWOSCOOPS87
Apr 28, 2011
Tinley Park
There's a place way out here called "EXCLUSIVE" in Fox Lake, IL. I asked them about whether or not they do powder coating. He told me that they send it out. Parts take about 12 to 20 days-depending on size, condition of the part, color, coating type (high temp/iridescent/chrome/etc.) number of stages, etc. etc.

I thought 10 days was a long time. I guess if you're looking for something real quick, you might want to look into getting some junky wheel and tires for a week.

I just picked up 2 rims from Aron off of a Camaro (for my firebird). I'm not in a hurry to slap them on, so if you need, I can loan you the 2 wheels I have-as long as the bolt pattern is the same.

I appreciate the offer, but like many of the flaws GM made with my truck, they gave it a 6 lug pattern...WTF? so finding a sub set of wheels is a little difficult. I talked to the guy from winning colors and he told me about a couple tires shops near by and said i would have the truck back on the road in 2 days as long as i gave him a head up. And since the truck will be down, i may bring some other items over there such as the CAI tubes and calipers. I figure its a good time to do an overhaul

DOC-Z

Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
I appreciate the offer, but like many of the flaws GM made with my truck, they gave it a 6 lug pattern...WTF? so finding a sub set of wheels is a little difficult.

Not a problem. Just trying to help out a fellow enthusiast. Good luck with that, and I'd like to see pics once you get it all finshed.

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
Sorry - random question here

I just put my new used heads into a caustic cleaning tank and they pretty much have no paint on them now. Would powder coating by the most durable way to paint those. I don't seem to have the best luck rattle canning stuff and they're iron so they definitely need paint.

thanks for any answers

DOC-Z

Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
What kind of powder coating place doesn't do in house powder coating?

A place who marks up someone elses work. "Exclusive" is a middle-man parts store. They do carry stuff the conventional parts places don't (under car and other lighting kits, stereo kits, various wire mesh, red/blue/yellow corrugated tubing). They can get your parts chromed, gold plated. However, they can order just about anything, have your old rims sent out to be refinished / restored, various coatings...that sort of thing.

Like I said, they are middle men. They have a lot of connections to suppliers and shops that do all sorts of work. If your not into working and building cars, these guys have a lot of answers. However, I went in there looking for stainless steel wire mesh and 3/4" to 1" ABS plastic sheets and they referred me to ebay.

I think they'll give you a small % off for putting their big decal on your windsheild or rear window.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
A place who marks up someone elses work. "Exclusive" is a middle-man parts store. They do carry stuff the conventional parts places don't (under car and other lighting kits, stereo kits, various wire mesh, red/blue/yellow corrugated tubing). They can get your parts chromed, gold plated. However, they can order just about anything, have your old rims sent out to be refinished / restored, various coatings...that sort of thing.

Like I said, they are middle men. They have a lot of connections to suppliers and shops that do all sorts of work. If your not into working and building cars, these guys have a lot of answers. However, I went in there looking for stainless steel wire mesh and 3/4" to 1" ABS plastic sheets and they referred me to ebay.

I think they'll give you a small % off for putting their big decal on your windsheild or rear window.

Sounds like a place where ricers hang out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info