New indicator of performance???

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
For years, 0 to 60mph and 1/4 miles time have been the bench mark of a car's acceleration, but with all the new high performance cars coming out, it's very hard to get a good launch with something like a ZR1, and therefore very hard to compare it to other cars. I've been noticing that many forums, now, are comparing cars 60mph to 130mph times. This takes away the launch and driver error and relies heavily on the cars power/weight ratio. I think it's a good indicator of a vehicles acceleration ability. What do you guys think???

Here are some cars for comparison sake.
7.3 - Porsche Carrera GT
7.3 - Ferrari Enzo
7.4 - E92 M3 DCT, ESS VT575 Supercharger, 6psi, ESS DCT software, 91 File, WM 225ML nozzle
7.7 - CTS-V with 8.6" pulley, CAI, LS7 ported TB, headers w/ cats, heat exchanger
7.7 - Stock Ferrari 458 Italia
7.7 - Stock 997.2 PDK, Turbo S
7.7 - GT-R / 640 HP (downpipes, y-pipe, BC, hard IC pipes, custom tune)
7.7 - Shelby GT500, Kenne Bell, 700+ rwhp, 1-shift
7.7 - 997.2TT PDK ECU Flash
7.8 - Lamborghini LP640, stock, 2-shifts
7.8 - Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06, stock, 2-shifts
7.8 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
It may be a good indicator but not what most people will do in the real world. It just turns into another dick measuring, bench racing, contest. Owners who want acceleration numbers typically go to the drag strip, or 0-60 mph blasts on the street. But ... it seems some of the ballsier exotic owners do highway pulls so maybe for the small group of people who buy these cars, that 60-130 data is appropriate.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
It may be a good indicator but not what most people will do in the real world. It just turns into another dick measuring, bench racing, contest. Owners who want acceleration numbers typically go to the drag strip, or 0-60 mph blasts on the street. But ... it seems some of the ballsier exotic owners do highway pulls so maybe for the small group of people who buy these cars, that 60-130 data is appropriate.

in the real world most people can't drive for shit, and 98% of the owners of sporty cars don't come near their redline

BoostedK20

Cool story bro, I make dinosaurs.
Feb 16, 2010
so this got posted cuz there is a supercharged m3 that is almost as godly as a carrera gt & enzo.. cool.

I was waiting for a comment like that. I dont see Turk submitting that list for the reason of a BMW being on it...

I see the point as to why some are doing this now. Its just like some only care about what 1/4 mile or circuit track or 'ring time is the true measure of cars performace. Same difference, its just an opinion

Cool data, thanks for sharing. Im curious as to what my car can do there. Because it sure is faster from a dig!!

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
The reason being, you don't see many drag races between lambos, porsches and ferraris. These owners don't take their cars to the drag strip every, and I don't blame them. I wouldn't want to risk breaking anything on any of those types of cars, but at the same time, if I'm in their shoes, I'd like to know how my super car stacks up to other supercars as far as acceleration goes. This list does not take into account weather conditions, which could be why the z06 and zr1 are the same, plus, I'm not sure on how the gearing is on each car which makes a huge difference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info