Chrysler 300C Tell me about them.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
So my good friend is planning on purchasing a 300C with the 5.7ltr Hemi. He's found one for a great deal, 2005 with 98,000miles. We took it for a test drive yesterday evening and it rode great, was really quiet, everything seemed to be working all nice like. I don't know much about these cars with problems in the higher mileage range.

Are there any issues we should look out for? Could this be something that will cost him a lot of $ down the road? He'll probably put another 100,000 miles on it, or more if he can.

Thanks in advance for the help!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
My dad had a 05 300C and now has a 06 300C SRT8 but I don't know much about them. Both had/have super low miles and he hasn't had any real issues with them. Any issue was small and covered under warranty. Although the new owner of the 05 blew the motor :picard: Biggest issue under our ownership was a trans leak the 05 had. Id imagine at 100K stuff is needed to be replaced. The car is some benz so stuff might be expensive. Overall pretty nice cars and move out for how heavy they are. Just get a 5.7 or 6.1 or GTFO.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
im interested in this topic as well...since i might be purchasing a magnum with the Hemi...

ive heard they get decent MPG on the highway, and they move out fairly well for the weight they have to carry...only thing im worried about it the Mercedes trans...i know they are junk, but everyone says once you rebuild them with good aftermarket parts they are pretty much bulletproof. :dunno:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
2005 was the first year of the RWD 300, and first years are typically less reliable than subsequent model years. Transmission, suspension and body hardware like windows and mirrors are the main problem areas according to Consumer Reports.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i would love an srt-8 magnum. :wackit:

anyways, the front ball joints and tie rods tend to fall apart. transmissions are a crapshoot (could get a good one), but the hemi is rock solid. ive seen them run strong over 200k miles.

The one that sold for 15K with higher miles I was referncing to actually JUST had the front end rebuilt, AND was leaking trans fluid (but not at an alarming rate yet and trans was still fine)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info