Strapped the Capri to the dyno......

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
to make sure the base tune was solid. Most of the tuning will happen at the track. I put a new 88mm turbo on the car and wanted to make sure every thing was working as it should be. With the 80mm turbo the car made 706/618 to the tire @ 25# of boost. So any thing above that and a safe tune was all I was looking for.

Well there was some breaking up. So we reduced the gaps on the plugs. Next pass was clean and made 26# of boost. We tried two more runs to increase the boost but it just wasn't happening. The first reason may be the non load dyno. The second and most likely the main culprit is the inlet to the turbo. The old compressor cover had a 5" inlet that I had a nice 5" tube going into the inner fender for fresh air. With a large conical K&N filter on it. The new race cover has a 5.5" inlet so the old set up would not work. So I put a screen over the inlet for now. Well when we were unstrapping it from the dyno I noticed the screen was being sucked into the turbo. So the screen must be a restriction. If the turbo can not get air in it can not push it into the motor.

But even then we decided to leave it as it was. The A/F was dead on and the timing conservative for now. The motor does not have ARP2000 rod bolts in it. So with the power level we were already at we decided to call it quits. We will see how it runs at this power level. Then a new light weight and 1500hp capable rotating assembly will go into the motor. As well as ported heads, solid roller cam and 160# injectors. Where does it stop? :rollpicard: hahaha

Anyways, here is the dyno graph.

IMAG0631.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Thanks every one!

:bowrofl:

:bowdown: and :wtc:

Congrats Pratt. :D

Thanks. Hopefully you can get yours ironed out soon.

Wait another motor besides the LS1 can make crazy power. Someone wake me up, am I dreaming..........

Once in a while the ford stuff can hold it's own.

oh and no vid? the fuck on.

I was busy sitting in the hatch to keep weight over the tires. Sorry. lol

nice numbers, not as fast as a pullied 3800 though. :hsugh:

are you still on a windsor block?

The factory block is long gone. It is a Dart Iron Eagle block with a 3.25" stroke crank resulting in 331 cubes.

That is Bad ass!

Quite the increase with just a turbo change. Way more power at the same boost levels and lower air intake temps to boot.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Damn fine numbers. Nice to know that I don't stand a chance :)

Oh come on now. You can do it too!

Im sure its somewhere on here, but what motor is in this beast?
It is a Dart block based 331" with AFR 185 heads, Victor Sr EFI intake, small hydraulic roller blower cam around 230/240 .540/.560 (yeah I know), non lock up converter, AOD trans and 9" rear with 3.25 gear set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info