hello buell.........

LIGHTNING MIKE

Jun 15, 2009
Well as i mentioned in the "bye bye busa" thread,heres what i traded it in on.Keep in mind,all that was on my mind during the winter was my 1000,so i pretty much kicked the ol bitch to the curb!! :bowrofl:

Been wanting a buell for some time now,just never made my move.Well with "harley" dropping the buell line,prices on buell's fell rock bottom.So i found one at a dealer,low miles,great price and untouched!!!

I picked up 09 buell 1125CR "Cafe racer" Its pretty much buell's idea of a "street fighter" style motorcycle.The gas is in the frame,the gas tank is the air box,oil in the swingarm,belt driven,single front disk brakes and 8 piston caliper!!

Theres tons of other cool shit it has,but again it will be at lukes this year,you wont miss me,cause its LOUD!! :bowrofl:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LIGHTNING MIKE

Jun 15, 2009
yea i heard they made good power,but wow!!! It moves out pretty good for a v twin.But with no wind protection,its hard to tuck and theres not much to tuck behind!! :bowrofl:

I pulled it up to 120 on sunday,but with the wind and no wind protection i dame near blew off!! :rollpicard:

I was with my buddy who has a 2001 honda 929,i pulled him every time.Turns are easy,ry@n could get on this and look like he's been riding for years!!

But it sits high and cant really do that much "mods" to it.So its pretty much,take what ya get.I added small stuff to the buell and the pipe.

But yea eric,for a v twin engine it kicks ass.Plus it weighs just under 400 pnds!! :bowrofl:

thanks

LIGHTNING MIKE

Jun 15, 2009
is the power-band way different?

well it's kinda weird,has tons of torque,but i can be in a high gear and twist the throttle at low rpm and it still has power.Pretty much power in every gear.

Redline is 11.5,which is a vast improvement over prior buell/harley engines,they pulled to 7500. :bowrofl:

Buell actually got together with "rotax" and had them design the engine for the 08 buell "R" and "CR" motorcycles.Which carried over to the 09 and some 2010.Its also the same engine used in the can am trike bikes.

LIGHTNING MIKE

Jun 15, 2009
Those are really cool. Didn't the original ones have some sort of issue with the fuel or something getting too hot due to where it was at in the frame?

I know the 08 "R" had some issues with the computer map and running to hot.Not sure on the fuel issue,other then it wasnt tuned correct and would run to rich.

But guess they worked that out for 09.You do get heat from the side pipes,but temp gauge stayed cool sunday.

Oh and the "CR" was only made in 09,harley shut them down and i think there might be some 2010 "CR" lurking around,but i have yet to see them on the buell boards.I saw a red buell "CR" the other day on randall in algonquin,but thats bout it for "CR".

Kinda rare bike.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info