bye bye "busa"............

LIGHTNING MIKE

Jun 15, 2009
Well my "hayabusa' is no more.I traded it in on a different motorcycle,after i purchased this "monster' end of last season.

Its a 07 GSXR 1000,been my winter project and she's all done.Its mostly setup for highway use,turns and such.Some small engine mods,nothing major.
I'am gonna try and keep it stock wheelbase and just have fun with the bike this summer.

Its nothing like my busa,way lighter and tons more power!!The mode button is kick-ass and handles like a train on rails. Very happy with the 1000.

Took it out saturday,was a great day to ride.Figures the 1st day i take it out,i get pulled over by a cop!!

But here's pics of the new edition to the "family'!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LIGHTNING MIKE

Jun 15, 2009
Oh it was,made great top end power and its such a tank,it was always stable at high speeds.

But the gsxr makes more hp then my o6 busa did and its 100 pnds lighter!!!

So the weight savings is where the gsxr 1000 uses its power better!!But not so stable at high speeds,least thats what iam thinking. :noes:

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Aren't they still 9sec bikes, trapping like high 130's low 140's though? I suppose the ones I saw were modded, but i too thought busa's were really fast bikes :dunno:

Nice addition BTW :bigthumb:

Most riders would have a hard time laying down consistant 9's with a 'Busa...but they can do it with someone who has dragged bikes. Busa's are a little easier to control than the average litre bike...they don't go forward, they go up!

LIGHTNING MIKE

Jun 15, 2009
Aren't they still 9sec bikes, trapping like high 130's low 140's though? I suppose the ones I saw were modded, but i too thought busa's were really fast bikes :dunno:

Nice addition BTW :bigthumb:

Oh yea the "busa" is a fast bike,but its heavy.Also keep in mind the busa has tons of torque,but doesnt pull deep into the higher rpm's.

The 1000 is lighter,puts out more hp then "busa" stock engine and the 1000 pulls deep into the rpm's!!

So while a "busa" is shifting already,iam still making power and pulling more rpm then a busa would.But to me,its faster. :hs:

last year I rode my buddies 07 1000 and could tell it was faster then my busa,i just didnt admit back then.haha

Now i will,it moves out way quicker then my "busa' did.But its a bitch to keep the front wheel down,came up in mid 3rd on me!!!

It was a baby wheelie,its lowered just a bit,didnt want to lose handling on tight turns,so i stayed away from lowering to much.It has tons of goodies on her!!!

It will be at luke's this year,it is better to see in person.haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info