gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
i have another question about these gauges...

my car does not have OBD2 it is a new system called "Candi" that is much faster than OBD2 systems. infact the dealerships have to add on a box to the Tech2 to read my computer. i guess all GM's are going to this system.

my question is will it work with my system?

The gauge wont work with your car. It needs to be OBDII and you have CAN (controller area network)

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
i have another question about these gauges...

my car does not have OBD2 it is a new system called "Candi" that is much faster than OBD2 systems. infact the dealerships have to add on a box to the Tech2 to read my computer. i guess all GM's are going to this system.

my question is will it work with my system?

that would be the controller area network diagnostic interface box... its still OBD2 but that CANdi box just slows down the signals so the Uber slow tech2 can interpret them. most dealerships are actually going beyond the tech2+CANdi to a PC based system with a cable that hooks to the J1962 connector (the plug under the dash) and uses software on the computer to interpret things... much better than a tech2 because computers get way faster than a piece of standardized hardware like the tech1 or tech2 could ever be.

will it work with your car? mabye, mabye not. depending on what it monitors some features may work. im not sure which signals the CANdi module messes with to make the tech2 understand.... but i wouldnt risk buying it and it not working.... what are you trying to monitor anyway?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info