opinions on tire selection

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I know it sounds crazy but I made it through this whole crazy winter with absolutely no problems whatsoever in my V. Everybody was going nuts saying I was gonna kill somebody, hit other cars etc.... But it never happened, in fact they handled much better than my previous Yokohama all season tires. And in the warmer weather the v12's are great! Haven't tested them in the twisties much yet but I can already tell the tail isn't as happy and in a straight line I'm getting far less wheelspin than I was before. I can tell you that I've topped out my vehicles G-meter at 1.0 G's making real turns whereas before the tires I had to powerslide to hit those numbers. It's just a great all around tire that happens to be reasonably priced.

itsmekippy

Sep 6, 2010
Wow nicey nice. Yeah at the beginning of the snow storm, the first night, before we really had much snow, I couldn't make it up my driveway. My dad and brother had to help push my car into the garage hahaha so I want some tires that are a little better than that lol. I work at mcgrath so I'm hoping I'll get em at a great price from discount tire. If not they're still a great price for what you get. Thanks so much!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Im gonna be needing some new rear rubber pretty soon as well. I may have to look into these. Im ready to change it up from the Nexans ive been running. I ran hankook ventus's (older version, RS2) on my wrx and never had a problem w/ those things. It looks like they do have those V12s in my size, 265/35/18. I could also probably step it up to a 275......not sure why id need to tho.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
those ventus v12s are great. i have em on the fronts of my camaro...very little grip loss and they channel water like...uh...a water channeler?

i'm runnin cheapo tires...sumitomo htr z ii or something like that. reviews were decent on tirerack, they were 8th or something out of 30 in the class and beat a lot of more expensive tires.

but b/w the two you put up...hankooks hands down

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info