Subaru wrx questions

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Well I have changed my oil in this car since I owned it and have a couple questions here. On the my rex there is this plastic shield that goes under the car as a dust guard I am guessing. Would it be ok to leave this guard off or is it needed under these cars? It is just annoying to keep taking it off and putting it on for oil changes.

Second question, when I took my oil cap off this time there is a yellow greasy looking substance around the fill spout. I will post up pics if needed, but it kinda smells like marine gas or oil or something. Anyone ever seen a mysterious opaque yellow goo on these cars? when I saw it I couldn't scratch my head hard enough to think of what the fuck it could be? thanks for the help gents.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I get crazy with mine at times so I keep mine on. Better then nothing. Also it'll be less aero but probably not as noticeable but there's a reason race cars are completely flat underneath.

Goo? Probably just condensation with oil. You could get an air/oil separator.

What oil you using?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Thanks for the reply guys. I only do paved road driving really. After this winter and making my passenger side look like fuck I doubt I will be doing donuts in the snow again.

I am going to take a road trip down to STL today, so I might leave it off and see if I notice a difference in mpg/noise/aero. It is windy as shit today, so will be a good day to decide if the aero will be effected. chances are I will worry about something small and stupid and put it back on though.

You are the man, that is exactly what it is. I thought those were the exact same pics I took too...used the same finger and everything haha. FWIW I use 5w30 mobile 1. I will just keep an eye on it here. If it gets worse, just one more thing on the list for the dealer to eventually take care of.

thanks for the help gents:nutz:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SleeperLS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list