CSR or ATI trans shield for BOP TH400 in my GN

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Lots of abbreviations in that title... but anyway, I'm getting slightly afraid of a drum explosion taking my foot off or some shit, so I should probably follow the rules and get a shield.

CSR is a full length composite, but I am not sure if it will fit? I'm pretty sure an ATI aluminum case shield would be just fine as well.

Just looking for opinions or experience with either product on any car.

Thanks,

-DD

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Wrong how?

For me, burnout= roll just out of the water, pump the brake, hit the line lock, shift trans into 2nd. Hit the gas. Get the tires warmed up as required, kick the line lock off, and let off the gas to carry you out a couple feet.

With the 2 step in my car, I literally just MASH the brake AND gas pedals once staged. Let the brake go as the 2nd yellow goes stale and the car loads up and leaves just on time.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
not supposed to leave a 400 in 2nd coming out of the box, always shift into 3rd. I was starting 1-2-3. might have rolled out in 2nd a few times. I guess 2nd is a no-no gear.

My car feels like it isn't hardly gonna move if I accidentally leave it in 2nd when trying to drive normally. don't know if that is a transmission slipping issue or if that's just what it feels like.

I guess it isn't an issue if so many people are doing it... gotta find a parking lot to give it a shot i guess... it probably reacts differently if you are trying to do a burnout.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
My builder only ever warned about down shifting on the big end of the track to engine brake the car. DO NOT DO THIS. Something about over revving the drum or something... not sure but I guess it's REALLY bad.

Never heard this "shift into 3rd leaving the box" thing...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I guess you can bust up the second gear sprag by shock loading it in 2nd. 3rd doesn't have the sprag. same goes with downshifting to 2nd off the throttle... though I hear don't do that at all.

drum over rev leads to catastrophic failure of the drum. always shut down in 3rd til really low speed.

Yep, thats what I've heard as well.

Didn't know about this 2nd gear sprag shock thing...

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Handsome Jesus
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list