Whats in your emergency kit? (Daily drivers)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Typically in whatever I daily drive I have a fairly beefy 'emergency kit' on board, especially on my trucks. Just kinda curious who else keeps one on board, and what all is inside?

Mine is quite large, and was prepared for this past winter for my 4X4 and has:
109 piece auto tool kit (Autozone $20 special deal)
Blanket/rags
Flashlight(s)
Bandaids
Asprin
granola/fiber bar(s)
electrical tape/small selection of butt splices
lineman pliers (Beefy pliers with wire cutter in them)
2 ratchet straps
duct tape
4 ton drag rope/rescue strap
Screw driver and bit kit
athletes bandage

I'm sure there are a few things I should probably include that I never think about, but it has helped me quite a few times already.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
jumper cables, lots of tie down straps/yank out straps... most of my tools- rags- mechanix gloves- water.... mmm. bout it. round here doesnt need to be too serious- you arent ever like 10 minutes from anything pretty major :rofl:

mainly my truck has all that stuff in it- because id forget where i put it if i put it anywhere else, or need it for something else and not have it with me.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
22 foot jumper cables for jumping a car back to front.
Collapsible shovel
Traction mats http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002CJJTK4/?tag=tcg21-20
First aid kit
Sunscreen
Husky tool kit with most of the sockets I would need
Phillips #2 screwdriver
Gloves/Blanket/Hat
Cleats and Discs for ultimate frisbee and disc golf. Never know when traffic is going to hit or I can find a course or a pickup game of ultimate.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Prretty good list, this last year I picked up a jumper box with air pump and a hand full of outlets on the front. It has a bunch of odds and ends funtions, but I figure it would give me a jump, pump my tires up, and charge my cell if needed in emergencies. I would suggest water for sure if you have the chance of being stuck for a while. Can live without feed, not without clean water.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I have in the Jeep/ Sierra

-198 Craftsman Tool Set
-2 20' tow straps
-6 4000# Ratchet straps
-Tire plug kit
-2 sets of jumper cables
-Spare u-joints, hose clamps, universal exhaust hanger, and a ton of other misc. parts
-2 quarts extra fluids for the trucks (gear oil, motor oil, trans fluid, power steering, gallon of coolant)
-All lubricants I would need to do a quick job on the roadside (PB Blaster, brakleen, WD-40, white lithium greese, etc)
-Spare fuses
-Spare bulbs
-3' 0ga. battery cable and terminals

And ALOT more stuff I can't think of. It seems like alot, but I've used just about everything in there. Mostly on other people's cars, not my own. But it still helps out alot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info