Ideal A:F Ratio for WOT, Tuner help/questions

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
My tuner is on the fritz, and is getting shipped out to get fixed shortly.

In the mean time, my A:F is about stoich (14.4-14.6) under WOT and crusing, and I'm under the impression that albeit its not 'dangerous', its not the best for power, or for the longevity of the engine, and I'm holding off on driving it hard until I get my tuner back to work on this.

What should I be aiming for under WOT once I get my tuner back and can start altering my files again, by the sounds of it I want fairly rich...? 11.8-12.0?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
if this is on the blown ranger, id say 14.0 is very dangerous territory.

i never ran any of my boosted cars over 11.8

On the flip side, I'm using the AEM UEGO Wideband, which I'm under the impression is self-calibrating...

Its just going to sit anyways right now, I suspect the biggest issue is that its running a "NA Premium fuel tune" which is what I'm trying to change... Goddamned retarded tuner :-\

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Why don't you get the car tuned on a dyno? Talk to Hans. Maybe he will let do a couple of hits and you can adjust the tune.

I'm not nearly skilled enough with my tuner to make real use of a dyno I suspect...

I've mentioned before to people that I'd be more than happy to pay good money to get it tuned, but noone has wanted to touch the truck.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I've seen Chris tune them on 110 in the 13's. One on C16 at 36psi pulling 13.8AFR's :eek3: guess those cars can run lean and mean :dunno:

Lean is mean. And they always make the most power right before they melt down. haha

OP, do your self a favor and get some one to tune it before you waste the money you already have into the truck. The money spent on a tune will be well worth it in the long run.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Lean is mean. And they always make the most power right before they melt down. haha

OP, do your self a favor and get some one to tune it before you waste the money you already have into the truck. The money spent on a tune will be well worth it in the long run.

Do you have a recommendation? as I spent a good amount of time trying to find someone last year and noone would touch the truck.

And as mentioned, it is running a NA Canned tune at the moment, I will see what the canned FI tune does as soon as I get my tuner back, otherwise I will just dump fuel across the band and start testing

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
What device do you have for a tuner? You could contact them to see if they have any recommended tuners in the area.

Delta Force 'sniper'

Small operation, I'll ask for a recommendation, but because its not a big name tuner, I doubt there will be anything local.

I purchased an SCT last year, and they didn't reply to any calls/emails that I sent them asking for guidance. The hand held module can't remove PATS from an ECU, so I had to go for an option that would let me do that on my own.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Hmmm you might want to surf their forum to see if you can get any help or recommendations. Most people will not tune a system they are not familial with or selling. I know when some of the early "self tuners" came out no shops wanted to touch them. They wanted to only tune the systems they were trained in.

You might have to get a crash course in tuning your own ride.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Hmmm you might want to surf their forum to see if you can get any help or recommendations. Most people will not tune a system they are not familial with or selling. I know when some of the early "self tuners" came out no shops wanted to touch them. They wanted to only tune the systems they were trained in.

You might have to get a crash course in tuning your own ride.

Once I get the tuner back and working, I will do a bit more seat of my pants, and then will probably bring it to a dyno to try to tweak it myself I suppose :dunno:

Most tuner mfg's no longer have much of a support system to provide that kind of feedback to their users. Sucks, but its true.

IF they have forums, thats a great option for end user feedback.

Sniper has some forums, but the terms in which I purchased this tuner are "Used from a friend" can't register on their forum i think without being the original purchaser... They are fixing it under warranty, so I don't want to ask about anything to risk loosing that basically....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info