sts style turbo help

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
by selling it and buying a ford product.

But seriously... welcome to the garage...? You should probably introduce yourself in the new members area...

You need to give a TREMENDOUS amount more detail for anyone here to be able to offer any guidance.

agreed. we need more info.

first thought is a tune and maybe gap the plugs closer to get rid of blow out

my car was 100% stock then i built my own rearmount t70 turbo system and bolted it up thats all i done to it now i dont know what injectors i need if i need a new fuel system or what i tried to copy sts exactly but i could not figure out if there kit comes with anything for fuel thats what i need help on snd sorry but i am new at all this so anything helps and by the way i do have a mustang as well

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Maybe I missed the memo, but isn't 12# a HUGE amount for a stock LT1.....?

5 PSI is a 'healthy' amount on stock internals on my truck, it may be able to take 6-8 with a good tune, but big displacement motors NA usually need decent work for that kind of pressure unless I'm totally wrong?

You are probably detonating like a mother fucker.

Here is a good link:

Go to this link

You have a HUGE amount of research you need to do... This is not the kind of thing you can just hop on a forum and hope for an answer on honestly...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You're probably running too much timing, too much boost, too much gap, not enough injector and fuel pump...

What are you doing for computer? Stock 1bar MAP? Do you have a wideband on the car? Where is your AFR at?

If you really just slapped a turbo on this thing with 15psi... you should seriously consider giving the car to someone who can help you out before you blow something up.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Wastegate should just need a spring to lower the boost levels. Kinda confusing they would send a smaller gate with more boost though :dunno: The bigger injectors will help, but you'll need to pull the plugs still (heard it's a bitch on lt motors) to re-gap them, and do much, much, more. STS sounds like they give about as much info as the 3800 vendors. You pretty much have to use the forums and help from others to figure out what you need to do. GL bud! :bigthumb:

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
congrats on making the kit...seems like you have the mechanical portion down pat.

you definetely need injectors
possibly an aftermarket MAF
you are going to need a fuel pump as well.

as far as tuning on lt1s...

http://tunercat.com/

is what i used to use.

you need to turn the boost down to 7-8psi also.

any mods down to the car at all? exhaust?

what kind of turbo are you using? STS has a 'custom' housing to help with low-rpm spooling.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info