Stalk your old car like your old girlfriend with Check My Ride

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Post up if you have any luck finding your old rides. When I get home I'm going to dig up the VIN from my first car (1990 Caprice squad car).

http://www.checkmyride.com/

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/24/stalk-your-old-car-like-your-old-girlfriend-with-check-my-ride/

76bmw2002128002-630op.jpg

I found it. After more than four years and 3,000 miles, my 1976 BMW 2002 is currently residing in Newberry, Florida, just east west of Gainesville. How did I track it down? A new website that allows you to plug in your long lost love's VIN (that's Vehicle Identification Number for those acronym averse) and spits out its last registered location.

Check My Ride from AutoCheck is a social network for cars, allowing you to build a profile, add vehicles, find your old hoopties and connect with their current owners. You can also import some of the data into Facebook and get a free history report on your current car.

Admittedly, AutoCheck is a big buggy at the moment (it took several tries to get the info on some of our past rides), but we're currently scouring our file cabinets for old maintenance folders and I'm trying to track down the VIN for my very first car, a (God help me) 1991 Plymouth Horizon. After that, I've gotta find the 1984 Supra, the 1970 510, the 1972 2002, the E36 318i...

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
My Escalade was last seen being driven by a little Messican woman and is now sporting the latest in "go fast" double-sided tape goodies from Pep Boys. I don't care and I don't want to know. The only one I would've given a shit about was my 90 Mustang GT that I saw on the back of a flatbed with the front end pushed 3 feet to one side about 3 months after I traded it in.

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL

Yikes...lol.

I'm going to have to dig up the VINs of at least one of my former cars ... and check this out. If Dad/Mom still have the VINs of one of their former vehicles, I might do the same with them....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_05.21.11_FrnkGrv.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Where have you gone?" __ Glen Campbell __ 'Still Within The Sound Of My Voice'

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris

wow lol , we dont have that kinda shit around in berwyn or cicero, what we have are suv`s pick up trucks, with "durango" and "zacatakes" stickers on them and lovely stick on chrome accents and big ole wheels on the biggest pos but those wheels are blingin`

i only know of one dude a few blocks away from me has a real nice mustang and my ss of course lol everything else is pimped out by pepboys

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info