Gauge Cluster Problem

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Is it intermittent? Do they all go out together?

If it was a power problem you'd be blowing fuses.
It's a ground wire problem if it goes in and out.

To answer your question on ther intermittent idea NOTHING works on the cluster. No lights no needles even the INFO center doenst work where it tells me my mileage and what not

Ok, heres the weird thing. The relay seems to control the power windows as well as the radio ( I think the radio) I was having slight problems in the past but I was able to jiggle the two leeded relay and then all was fine, but now it wont work at all. I opened the sealed relay to make sure the contact would close when power was on and it did. I know its not the relay. THose hardly ever go bad.

Last edited:

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
In the beginning you asked about the fuse.
Have you checked the interior fuse box for a blown fuse?

Also some manufacturers link the gauge backlighting to a blown fuse for the auxiliary tallights...so that you're aware the tallights are out.
You have a reverse problem...but just make sure you're not driving around at night with no taillamps.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
In the beginning you asked about the fuse.
Have you checked the interior fuse box for a blown fuse?

Also some manufacturers link the gauge backlighting to a blown fuse for the auxiliary tallights...so that you're aware the tallights are out.
You have a reverse problem...but just make sure you're not driving around at night with no taillamps.

When you say tail light I'm assuming its breaklights? My license plate light is out. That I do know. I'm not sure how long its been that way but I dont think its been all that long

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
its not un common to see those clusters go out either

Actually I seriously think its the opposite on clusters especially if they all go out at once, but I figured it out. I was a fuse above the relay. We must of bent a lead while dicking around with the relay. It works great as of now. Jus tot be safe I'm replacing the fuses

Thanks again for everyones input.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• MIKES3
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list