Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
since you've already owned a fwd FI car....you'll already expecting the massive tq steer (even tho mazda claims its minimal). i havent heard too many bad things. some folks had a problem w/ one of the motor mounts breaking and the engine basically falling :rofl: but i dont think that was a common problem.

i owned an 08 3 wagon for 6 months and have nothing but great things to say about it.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Since it's the same platform as the focus; yes the passenger motor mounts suck. They sell poly ones however and that fixes it. Other then not being nearly as fast as I was expecting they seem like nice cars. I like the looks of the not smiley faced ones(think that started 09?)

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
That is what I figured, too many awd nut swingers lately. Believe me having stick on my maxima with blizzaks saved my bacon getting my car out of the alleys in chicago when they don't plow them.

I know the MS3's always look and sound nice whenever I see them. Will have to add to the list of possible replacement hatches.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I do not :nuts: from awd. Cars turn and stop exactly the same.

Well except I do a lot of turning with my right foot in snow. Shit pushes like crazy. Plus if you have tires spinning; they're all spinning. Fwd is way more predictable in actual snow IMO.

Driving my friends 2009 WRX in the snow it felt like rwd up to a certain point of slipping and then it switched to a fwd feeling of understeer at some point. Was only a short experience but it threw me for a loop as I have driven fwd cars on bald tires (ebrake to get it to turn in) and then my 85 oldsmobile (rwd, loud pedal to get it to turn) on bald tires in the snow.

Anyways let us know how you like the MS3 will definately want to see how I fit in one as a new daily driver is needed with a hatch for transporting wheels/engines/transmissions as doing that in a trunk just sucks.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I've driven countless regular Mazda 3 hatches from the S to the grand touring I've only driven a new MS3 but the interiors aren't terribly different.

I think they're pretty comfy and nice inside and they seem to handle very well in stock form.

My wife wanted a grand touring hatch for a while. I like them a lot.

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
I had an MS6 and this is my only advise. If you just want a DD, they are a great car and I recommend one. If you plan on modifying it, they tend to blow. The first cold snap in fall would bring 6 - 10 people blowing up across the nation. Here is a thread they started and I stopped trying to keep up with it all. It was the main reason I sold my MS6.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/for...disi-turbo-blown-engine-resource-thread-6113/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info