DJZNb.jpg

hvrHO.jpg

3Ng2l.jpg

suqjp.jpg

Csurane24

I like big butts and I can not lie
Jan 30, 2010
Crete
At least he can weld :dunno: should have purchased a collector, his homemade junk is pretty terrible :rofl:

Those welds look like shit... He pretty much torched all of the nickel out of that stainless. It also looks likes this guy is in the piping industry and just put a shit load of 90's together to make that.

He didn't even finish all of the welds...

Csurane24

Jan 30, 2010
Crete
This is what a sch 10 stainless weld should look like. If you are unable to add metal to what your trying to weld on an application like this where the pressure isn't going to be all that high you can just fuse the metal together and it will hold and look better. This is a fused first pass with a small cap pass on it. With shit this small you need to keep the heat low and move as fast as you can walk or free hand the torch. This guy must not of know that.

weld1.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I forgot everyone on here was a professional tig welder :rofl: something can be absolutely perfect, and there is a handful of people I can pick out on here that would still have something to say :jerkit: There is far worse craftsmanship out there, and I'll bet $ that it works perfectly for this guy.

Csurane24

Jan 30, 2010
Crete
I'm not the best but it's what I do all day. The pic that I posted was a weld that I made at work. If you would like I can take more picks tomorrow when I'm at school or Friday when I get back To work as a informational set. Tomorrow I will be working on a monel clad pipe but Friday I will be back to plain old stainless and carbon.

Csurane24

Jan 30, 2010
Crete
I can also point out about a dozen "fish eyes" or holes when he stopped welding at that I can guarantee will leak plus with the nickel burned out of the stainless like it is, it will result in the base metal rusting when moisture touches it.

I also just noticed that in one of the first pictures that the pipe he used is 1 1/2" 304 sch 10. 304 stainless is barely above carbon, as far as heat goes the metal will be heat soaked and chared up pretty bad probably the first time he starts the car. 308 309 or best of all 316 would be better for this job. Sch is for schedule 10 pipe all that means is the wall thinkness is the least amount made. I have nothing against that cause it will hold up to about 150 psi and it weighs next to nothing

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
I forgot everyone on here was a professional tig welder :rofl: something can be absolutely perfect, and there is a handful of people I can pick out on here that would still have something to say :jerkit: There is far worse craftsmanship out there, and I'll bet $ that it works perfectly for this guy.

I'm definitely not claiming to be a skilled welder :dunno:
But that thing has to weigh 80-90 lbs, i would guess. The collector is fucking dreadful. Probably has leaks. It likely took quite a bit of effort, though- and its more than I could probably do. But I wouldnt be dumb enough to attempt that shit myself in the 1st place.
Sometimes the drifting scene just brings the lulz

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
:rofl:

I know, I was originally planning on making a really long runner manifold, I'd heard the longer the better and I wanted the most torque. So I was planning on building a small trailer, which my turbo would be mounted to, and I would actually tow it behind my car. Each runner would be approximately 23 feet long, and my torque estimate was somewhere around 6900 ft/lbs at 4200rpm. Things didn't quite work out though, and my runners ended up only being about 4 inches long.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info