Got rear-ended tonight -

Looks to be just the bed, roll pan, exhuast and the spring on the pass side is now "S" shaped. Dosent look like any frame damage but geuss we'll see once if gets to the shop. 18 yr old texting and not watching the road in her dads Lexus. Was going through construction area like 5mph and, well, she was going faster than 5mph. Hopefully just replace the bed and it's good. Her dad owns a body shop so I'll talk to him Sunday and see how that goes before I call the insurance co. She fucked that Lexus up, both fenders, grill hood and cracked the windshied. I did get a police report just in case, she only had an expired ins. card...

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
hes right its your choice where it goes, if you have statefarm the shop im temping at right now is a service first shop and i worked there for 3 yrs before i got laid off we do great work, not a hack shop at all

ill make sure i fix it personally, the shop is fullers auto body in lyons

hes right its your choice where it goes, if you have statefarm the shop im temping at right now is a service first shop and i worked there for 3 yrs before i got laid off we do great work, not a hack shop at all

ill make sure i fix it personally, the shop is fullers auto body in lyons

I dont have state farm but the dumb ass that hit me does. I might check it out. Gonna call the girl (or her pops) today.

Pretty sure just a bed, pipes and new leaf spring. Considering a do-it-yourself repair also but I cant paint. It dosent look like it hit the frame, no marks indicating contact. Since I dont have a bumper (roll pan) she slid under and hit the bottom of the spring shackle bending the spring.

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
Never heard from the guy so calling my ins guy tomorrow.

Good. I would've done that right away. People get away with far too much sometimes, and texting while driving and causing a collision with damage/injuries/deaths just isn't cool.

Glad, though, that YOU are OK. Vehicles can be replaced; people can't.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_04.16.11_Dwight.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"So much more aware" __ Linkin Park __ 'Numb'

Dosent look too bad. She went under the ass end but still wrinkled the rear quarter and the bed is bent. I'll shoot some pics tonight. Called her ins. co (state farm) and they said just get a couple estimates and we'll take care of it all. I did notice today, backing out of the drive the alignment is off pretty good. It pulled and jerked around when I cut the wheel (like it iwas in 4wd).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info