My project for the day Part II

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I swapped out my upper intake on thursday night, and finished it up last night when I got home from work. My car now has the entire top end (heads, lower intake, and upper intake) from the LX9 3.5L motor in the 05 G6 and malibu.

It was a son of a bitch to get that thing on there too. I had to grind away a TON of material on the neck to the throttle body, grind away at the throttle cable bracket , solder in a new MAP harness, different MAP from a cavalier, re pipe all my PCV and vacuum lines, shorten a few bolts, bend a power steering line out of the way, and pull up a fuel rail to relocate the routing of a harness.

k5535s.jpg

New manifold on the engine, old sitting in front.
16bhr3q.jpg

Nice and dirty engine bay, with lots of messy wiring!

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
No, I didnt forget to plug the EGR in. The plug wasnt long enough to move where it is now. Its disabled via. my powertuner anyways.

I didnt come up with the idea myself, but its not common either. Right now, I know of 2 other people with the manifold swapped, and Im 1 of 2 people with the heads swapped.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
w/ as long as grand ams have been around im really surprised theres not more of an aftermarket for them

Its starting to pick up a little bit now. They are getting cheap enough that a lot of younger people can afford them. $5k will get you one with under 75k on it.

The motor is pretty popular to swap into other cars. There are a ton of fieros, earlier cavaliers, and berettas using them. As a matter of fact there is a local guy from glendale heights with a 3400 swapped cavalier z24. His motor is stock besides bolt ons and a homemade turbo kit. Best time of 12.2xx
358WHP 365tq on a lighter car with a 5 speed.

Couple of flyby vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m4eFm0pdbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEjsga93N8s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info