Factory Sleepers

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Stolen from VWVortex:

Post pictures/info of FACTORY cars that are unassuming, but had good power/performance. This excludes things such as Premium cars *S-Class Mercedes* and special editions of sports cars *Ala COPO Camaro*

Here is what I started with:

Of course, the SHO Taurus:

Looked nearly identical to a loaded regular taurus, but would rip the doors off of nearly any 4 door on the road in 1989

1989-ford-taurus-sho.jpg

Turbo Grand Prix/STE, again, didn't look like anything special, the sedans especially *STE's*

Gpf.jpg

pontiac_grand_prix_ste_white_1990.jpgg

Early Turbo Caravans:

2.5 Turbo 4cyl vans

bryburn2.jpg

HHR SS Panel Van:

Aside from the SS Badge, really don't look very special.

IMG_0272.JPG

Early Volvo V70 T5's,

Didn't have any of the flair of the V70R's, or later S60R's, but essentially the same drivetrain

bcar_21.jpg

Early 90's Shadow's/Sundance's:

Occasionally could be had with the turbo etc that came with body flair, but could also be had with hubcaps, a 5spd, and the 3.0 Mitsu V-6 engine, which moved out of its own way QUITE nicely

dodge-shadow-parts.jpg

early 90's Dakota Sports:

Could be had with a V-8 and a 5spd with standard cab, the final iteration of the 5.2 V-8 was 230hp/295tq in a truck that weighed 3000lbs in short bed trim.

313340_1.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
CTS-V yes, The G8 gets wheels and a little different body work, it is easier to mix up a GT and a GXP than a, non-sho and sho taurus

I think the G8 GT is a sleeper, looks the EXACT same as the V-6 to me *dual exhaust/hood scoops on all models*

the old SHO's looked identical to a loaded taurus, but the newer ones like syP's and what I've owned the wheels do make a big difference.

the BRAND NEW SHO's are fairly hard to identify as well honestly.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I thought we were just talking about cars that you wouldn't expect to be fast by looking at them. I'm not sure why we are comparing the base models of those cars to the optioned out versions.

ur only lying to yourself if an older body cts-v isnt sleeper...

so unassuming...

cts_v.jpg

Agreed,

Blackbeard, I think the current CTS-V is fairly flashy, the older ones not nearly so much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info