Mom wants a small SUV...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Mom wants a small SUV. Needs to get good MPG, needs 4X4, needs to fit DOG so she can take it to DOG park. She wants one with a warranty, so it will need to have pretty low miles. Not opposed to buying new either if that is the way togo. I'm looking at Ford Escape and Honda CRV.

Something like this would be nice but its just out of bumper to bumper warranty.

Discuss.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
New Subaru Outback. 22/29 mpg with CVT, standard AWD and plenty of room for dogs in the back. It's more of an SUV now than a wagon.

New Outback with auto and decent options is still less than $25k.

I didn't think about the outback. They're big these days. The Forester is more of a small suv

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Yeah, but there's price overlap so you can get a larger vehicle for pretty much the same money. All depends if Panda's mom wants something lager. A forester is still a good option but doesn't have the CVT and gets worse gas mileage despite being smaller.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

I saw those arnt much more money if at all. What is the factory warranty good till? Only issue is maintenance and repair costs scare me.

Does she want to buy a white minivan?

Id love for her to buy a TBSS. For what these CRV's and Escapes cost she could. The MPG would kill her.

New Subaru Outback. 22/29 mpg with CVT, standard AWD and plenty of room for dogs in the back. It's more of an SUV now than a wagon.

New Outback with auto and decent options is still less than $25k.

Thanks for the suggestions keep them coming. We are pretty open as of now.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
2010%20OUTBACK%20DOG.JPG

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
We have a 4wd 6cyl Escape XLT (leather, Mach audio, moonroof, towing pkg, etc...) and over its lifetime it really hasn't needed anything major. 98k miles and the most expensive replacement part its needed is the rear windshield wiper motor ($50 + $25 core).

IMO its well worth the money, but I'd get the 4cyl version 2wd (my mom has one) -- its FWD and just as good in the snow, not to mention 8 - 10 mpg better combined mileage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info