2000 Infiniti I30, anyone have any reviews, comments?

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Looking for a friend at one we just took in at work

I know basically its the same car as a maxima with the 3.0 v6

Anyone have any comments/concerns/whatever on it? I've heard there are a few little things here and there but mainly a decently solid car overall

car that came in was serviced entirely at the same dealer religiously and had all regular maint done time after time... all highway miles, guy drove every day from elburn to lisle

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
they make great and comfortable DDs, the VQ30DE is a great engine. The most notorious problem is weak coilpacks that fail and throw an SES light. If its been to the dealer for maintenence chances are some if not all have been replaced already.

Everything I've read is taht is pretty much it when it comes to notorious problems... also heard the MAF likes to crap out, maybe the two are somewhat related?

Yea, its a really nice comfy car and the v6 is decently peppy, though im really surprised by the mpg rating, idk

thanks!

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Everything I've read is taht is pretty much it when it comes to notorious problems... also heard the MAF likes to crap out, maybe the two are somewhat related?

iirc that year maxima has the crappy MAFs too, and the computer needs an updated calibration after it's replaced. chances are the infiniti will need the same :dunno:
the engine and trans will run forever though. my old room mate has 270k miles on his 2000 maxima, and it drives like new. solid DDs for sure

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
only thing I have to add is that they are interference motors, and to keep that in mind with maintenance.

SOLID motors, MAF/Coilpacks are common, but are also known for lasting a billion miles.

My mothers Maxima lasted nearly completely unmaintained until 196K Miles at which point the timing belt let go and ended the life of the engine :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info