"Sticker Bomb"

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Granted, Since leaving the 'tuner' scene, I especially have a disdain for alot of modified civics and the whole JDM Scene... My orange truck has an "I *heart* Hating" Sticker on the back windshield for example...

But there is something that I've seen quite a bit lately, that I don't hate like the whole JDM thing IMO, and thats cars that are "Sticker Bombed" or have parts that have been. What do you all think of this mini phenomenon? I don't understand why people do it, but I think in some cases it gives some cars a unique look.

images

tumblr_l7zs23cqbz1qb29cxo1_500.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_31MwvzgRx...mg/Gh_209XLkJ0/s1600/large_202814-1919235.jpg

I say to each his own....

Who am I to judge what another persons' taste is? I mean I like short chicks with big tits, you may like tall chicks with an adams apple.:dunno:
images

I think there is an art to the way someone personalizes there car or truck, for that matter weather they drive a car or a truck. As such, art will get critiqued time and time again. Love it or hate it that of course it totally up to you.

I grew up in the Ohio Valley, I remember alot of old classic cars with the Eldelbrok, Moon Eyes, Jegs, ECT. stickers on the back windows. It I think is very reminiscent of the old days when drag racers would pimp the stickers for sponsorship. Alot of old timers did the same to emulate these cars.

Today it's the same ol story, kids today look for a way to make it there own.

40 years from now kids will ask us what it was like to drive in a gasoline powered car, I bet you'll see a tap out sticker on the Jetson's family car

jetsons.jpg

I personally like the sticker look. Let me refrain a bit, the modest amount of stickers. I don't like huge stickers all over the place, that looks dumb, then again that is just an opinion.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I was kind of kidding. Metal Mulisha is a bunch of hypocrites in my opinion. I remember seeing one of their first interviews and it had Brian Deegan talking shit about sellouts and how they were true to their roots and weren't all about the X-games and shit like that. Fast forward a few years and they were in the X-Games with spiked chest protectors and what not so they still looked like they were hardcore... and then fast forward to now and you can buy their shirts at the mall, and Brian Deegan's team page has a picture of him biting some X-Games medals. Not to mention their gear is sported by the same goons who think a Tapout T-shirt is appropriate attire to wear out for the night.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info