Bad Brake Drums Possibly?

SilentShado

303 HP+315 ft lbs = 1 GXP with 2 bald bridgestones
Apr 3, 2009
Mchenry, IL
What's the odds of getting bad drums from NAPA? I did the rear brakes on my DD yesterday as the rear shoes crumbled and left me with metal on metal. Not bad for 12 year old original rear brakes. I replaced the rear shoes, new springs, greased the backing plate, wiped clean the shoes with brake cleaner, brake cleaned and wiped the new drums then installed them, and set the drag. Went to work today and everything seems fine at speeds below 40 mph. anything above 40 mph and I get a pulsation in my pedal till I hit about 40mph. No pulsation until I did rears. Could this be shitty drums from the box?

Last edited:

HILROD

TCG Elite Member
Oct 22, 2007
ELGIN
I've had this a few times. The Napa drums were the worse ones I've seen. I exchanged them and got more warped/out of round drums. The fourth time I got drums from the dealer. No more pulsating pedal. I've done hundreds of brake jobs maybe more. It's only been in the last year or so I noticed the chinese stuff has been super bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SilentShado
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list