Shopping List: Boosting your car

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Getting the remainder of my budget lined up for the ranger, and am going to order a few nick-nacks, but am just curious what all I should keep in mind for boosting the truck.

I'm ordering:
AEM Wideband A/F gauge (No calibration, good price, good warranty)
Autometer Boost gauge (Doesn't look chincy like the super cheap gauges)
A-pillar pod (going to paint to match the interior trim color)

Apart from those 2 gauges, anything else I should really get/replace before boosting a motor that wasn't boosted from the factory? My fuel pump puts out more than enough to feed the V-8 and the blower, but I will begin looking into replacing it with a Walbro 255 unit if they make it for my truck unless there is a better brand/suggestion? (I'd like to stick with my stock fuel tank)

I've also read that I should run a spark plug 'one step colder than stock' Any idea how I can find out what that would be exactly... and how to search for it at a place such as autozone etc?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
NotSureIfSerious.jpg

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora

You have so many threads and have entertained the idea of taking this project in several directions, so no one knows exactly what boosted project you are talking about. Are you doing that M90 or did you find a more suitable blower for your application?

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
I believe the word you're looking for is "nitrous" since N.O.S. Is a companys name, not the actual gas/liquid itself. This isn't fast and furious.

But its soooo cool!!

I could use the chemical formula N2O if that would make it better, though that molecule doesn't truly exist by itself in nature -- it would technically be N4O2 but that is way under-cool sounding.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel

You have so many threads and have entertained the idea of taking this project in several directions, so no one knows exactly what boosted project you are talking about. Are you doing that M90 or did you find a more suitable blower for your application?

This guy has 12 other threads about this truck. Why not just bump one of those with your questions

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info