Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
well you best call Vogz in here then... :rofl:

WTF. Nothing wrong with a ZR1. Why aren't you impressed by a 10 something run on a completely stock car in roughly the same price range?

i think the ZR1 is great but i'm not impressed by a lighter car with more power running faster :dunno: which is what the topic of this thread is about. :s00ls:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
it costs 20k more than a 2010/2011, but i fail to see how pricing makes any difference in this discussion.

why should i be impressed by a LIGHTER car that has MORE power? how am i impressed by a car that is marginally faster? :rofl:

i expect the zr1 to run these times. hell, guys w/ stock z06's were clipping off low low 11s. thats more impressive to me.

i guess i'm just not impressed with corvette's anymore. :dunno:

its more impressive to me for a 6 banger turbo 4k lb barge to run 10s on a tune.

and now i move along. good day to you.

Have both....

ZR-1 is faster stock vs stock....

ZR-1 is more pleasing to drive, could be driven daily. Torque curves and tuning from factory are flawless. The car is quiet and reserved until WOT. If you can't drive the ZR-1 will manhandle the shit out of you.

We did the Ron Fellows ZR-1 driving school in Vegas and it truly is amazing the abuse the car is able to handle...

With that said the GT-R is a totally different car and it's not really a fair comparison. The inside of the GT-R is lackluster to a regular person. However the ECU/TCM and computer inside the car is what the GT-R is solely about. You have to understand the heritage of the GT-R in order to appreciate what it is. Unfortunately not alot of people here in the US do, that is why you will find more ZR1 fans.

I love both cars. If you had to drive around daily or just wanted to cruise around town, I'd take the ZR-1 ALL DAY LONG. I still love the GT-R and not many cars can be that heavy and run such a fast 1/4 mile. I ran a mid 10 at 130MPH...Full weight and lightly modded. Just a tune/intake/ and exhaust...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info