Honda Accord faster then Charger srt8!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
your right, let me revise.... a honda accord beating a r/t with a 5.7 hemi!!

The charger does have more power but its also like 600+ pounds heavier. I dont see why two cars that both cost $30K can run simular times. 14.0 is very impressive for a N/A V6, but that car is probably tuned to perfection. The charger on the other hand can get big gains from mods.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Even if the Accord is faster, personally, I'd rather have the sound a torque of a 5.7-or 6.1-liter V-8.

The new Accord is super refined and has smooth, predictable power and a comfy ride, but it can't smoke the tires going sideways at 30 mph leaving 100 feet of rubber in its wake.

AlwaysVTEC

Addict
Mar 20, 2008
true nothing like grabbing life by the horns :)
but overall i was impressed with the output...... i mean with only 260hp the accord yes 600lbs lighter matches the performance of a hemi with 320hp. dont get me wrong here i miss my f-body and miss the patches that came so easily by pressing the accelerator. oh and dasfinc thanks for the welcome! i had a 82 rabbit that was pretty bad ass

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
true nothing like grabbing life by the horns :)
but overall i was impressed with the output...... i mean with only 260hp the accord yes 600lbs lighter matches the performance of a hemi with 320hp. dont get me wrong here i miss my f-body and miss the patches that came so easily by pressing the accelerator. oh and dasfinc thanks for the welcome! i had a 82 rabbit that was pretty bad ass

We sold Kim's 89 VW Cabrio just last fall, Fun cars, Nearly indestructible, but always was a PITA.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
can u convert that to non-honda people talk?

K series motors are the motors that come in the RSX Type S, Accord, CR-V, Civic Si, Integra Type R, Civic Type R. and a couple other cars. Its becoming a popular swap for Civics and certain other Hondas. They're pretty fast. Especially Civics like Dasfincs or CRXs like mine.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
the K motor is like the LSx series motor of the honda world. the B series motor would be like a regular 1st gen motor like a plain ol' 350... millions of options to mod and reliable, but the LSx is a much better motor. does that make sense?

Hmmm thats a great comparison. Why do I know about 350s but panda doenst know about K series? :tear:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info