Which car OIL and OIL FILTER do you use?

Freddy

Addict
Jan 15, 2008
Chicago
Oil: Mobil Synthetic 7,500
Filter: Fram, Fram Tough Guard, depends on stock

Mobil claims that I can use the oil up to 7,500 miles or 6 months, but by the time it hits 6,500 is pretty black so I usually do the oil change around 6,000 miles.

I heard MANY MANY bad reviews about Fram (even from many mechanics), but I'm too lazy to search for something else or spend too much money on it. I was told by many people to use Napa or some other brand that I think is linked to Napa and it costs about $2 more than Fram.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
considering there are really only 2 or 3 companies that produce about 95% of the oil filters out there, it doesnt really matter which brand you choose. Wix and Purolator make filters for everybody.... well almost.

personally i use mobil 1 5/30 in the vette when its cold, and Royal Purple 10/30 when its really hot. i usually change it about every 2500 miles or after i got to the dragstrip or after i go through a full 2 bottles of nitrous. even then, my oil is very black. i use ac delco filters cause i get them REALLY cheap... free that is!

in the honda i use--- well i dont know really because i take my car to honda! ya ya ya, i know, I am the manager of a quick lube, and i take my car somewhere else to get it done... well all i have to say is that they do it for very cheap and if you looked under my car, you wouldnt want to change the oil yourself either. they do it almost cheaper than i can do it, and i run my own quick lube. i change the oil on that one when the moniter reaches about 30% which turns out to be about every 3500 miles.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've been using Penzoil high mileage 10w30 for about 30,000 miles now. I started when I got it for free at the oil change place I worked at during college, and just kept on using it -- still for free, too :D As for the filter, I use whatever the shop has in stock. I'm not really anal about that kind of stuff with this car.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
if you looked under my car, you wouldnt want to change the oil yourself either. they do it almost cheaper than i can do it, and i run my own quick lube. i change the oil on that one when the moniter reaches about 30% which turns out to be about every 3500 miles.

I change oil on your car daily. It is a big pain in the asshole. I use Castrol Syntec and a Honda oil filter. Honda filters are made by honeywell an so are fram, but they are different.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info