Just a thought, 2011 Ram > 09 Frontier ?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
i bought my frontier new in july of 09. drove to hazelwood missouri to buy it.
i was looking to a 6cyl 6 spd 4x4 and due to the economy nissan had stopped production on their trucks for a while.

i found it and it was more than i wanted to spend, but i bought it because it was what i was looking for.
it's been a great little truck, but i'm never happy with anything and i'm always looking for something else....

so i was on ebay and stumbled upon this...
http://www.douglasdodge.com/new/Dodge/2011-Dodge-1500-3bbc74ed0a0a0002018bff686f5eea82.htm

now, i probably shouldnt be looking for a new car/truck....but this one has caught my eye. i wouldnt buy white but this truck looks sharp with the chrome wheels.

any thoughts ?
just looking to see what you guys think..........i'm going to the autoshow sunday so i will look at a couple full size trucks and compare how i like them.....that GMC that outlaw bought is pretty sweet too.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
diesel :nutz: just so damned expensive. a guy brought a 07 f250 diesel into my buddies dealership the other day with a 250k badly knocking engine needing replacement. dude owed 30k on it.. asked my car dealer buddy.. what'll ya give me for it? the answer.

NOTHING. lulz. epic fail.

15k for a new engine. more than the cost of my entire truck. eff that.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i really dont see a reason to get a duramax unless you are doing some serious shit.

the new 5.3 and 6.2s tow ratings are nutso. 6 speed autos also yield awesome mileage...

but ya. diesel trucks are just soooo expensive... to fix... to maintain. yadda. and unless you are pulling a lot always or doing something else serious. i dont see the necessity.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
simple daily driver duties................. i was thinking about lifting/leveling my frontier....probably just level it out ( cheap ) but @ 26K miles the tires suck,
one big bag of suck,

so between leveling kit, tires and alignment = 1,000 bucks..........i dont really want to spend the $, LOL

dont want to spend 1g on a truck i owe less than 10g's on, so instead buy a 31K dollar truck.

ass backwards

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
i may get hated on for this, but i doubt i will ever own a FORD.

my boss just bought a 2011 z71 silverado........i will make the rounds @ the show.

no real hate for my frontier, its been great, no problems what so ever. like i said in my original post....i get bored quickly and then i start wanting new things, different things.

wonder how i have had my camaro for 8 years....

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
i did alot of reading up on nissan and toyota's when i was looking for my truck.

toyota's are more expensive and honestly don't offer enough to warrant the extra $

i believe i read that the tacoma's bed was hollow...so it was just the plastic bed liner.
i read that and was like WTF

havent read enough on the tundra, but i would probably go with a titan over it.
toyota trucks have had problems with rail rust ( frame )

titan or silverado is the only way to go IMHO.

FORD, screw the Nissan. Two people I know bought those and had nothing but brake, suspension, and bearing issues with them.

i really dont see a reason to get a duramax unless you are doing some serious shit.

the new 5.3 and 6.2s tow ratings are nutso. 6 speed autos also yield awesome mileage...

but ya. diesel trucks are just soooo expensive... to fix... to maintain. yadda. and unless you are pulling a lot always or doing something else serious. i dont see the necessity.
:werd:
Id buy from the big 3 when it comes to trucks. JMO.
:fy:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info