Switching gauges

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
everything will swap over unless you have a mech water temp gauge, then youll have to refeed the ether tube/probe through.

i need the electric oil pressure sender for an autometer :rofl:

Stupid question...... What happens to the stock oil pressure gauge if you replace the OEM sender with an aftermarket one... I assume you can splice it in some how?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Stupid question...... What happens to the stock oil pressure gauge if you replace the OEM sender with an aftermarket one... I assume you can splice it in some how?

You could tap into another port if one is available for your engine. Or you could T them into each other. Or you could do the oil filter sandwich adaptor and run it off that.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
if its a different manufacturer than your current gauges you should prob install the sending units that came with them, just reuse the wires running through to the interior if anything

Ok, where exactly would that be? I was just planing on plug/play but if I can get to the sending unit I might as well. This should be something I can do myself.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Someone told me it was on back of my block, then I was told it is in my oil pan.. Thats why I was asking. Also where are you from? When I get the gauge put in Ill hook u up with the Autometer white faced one.

It's been like 4 years but I'm pretty sure it's at the rear on the passenger side. I remember being able to do it by jacking up that corner and turning the wheel left. That link has a pic doesn't it?

The boost gauge is usually At the big T under the snout. Though you should be able to just reuse the old hose.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info