GM's "SS" Models

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
only its faster then ur car.... and its top of the line, unlike the camaro where theres a v8...

SS is for the top of the line stuff for NON car people to know whats the best.. its all marketing.

i mean comon, camaro SS, TrailBlazer SS, cobalt SS,

tahts like saying the dodge neon shouldnt have the SRT-4 badge... and tahts another thing, Dodge whores out SRT..... why not give them shit?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
only its faster then ur car.... and its top of the line, unlike the camaro where theres a v8...

SS is for the top of the line stuff for NON car people to know whats the best.. its all marketing.

i mean comon, camaro SS, TrailBlazer SS, cobalt SS,

tahts like saying the dodge neon shouldnt have the SRT-4 badge... and tahts another thing, Dodge whores out SRT..... why not give them shit?

Faster huh, maybe your trap. :rofl: My car is top of the line also, but I dont need badge on my door to tell me so, I even took the badges off.

SS has always been RWD V8, top model. Built for performance.

This is a SS

454a.jpg

This is a SS

69camaro396ss.jpg

this is NOT a SS

inline_06_malibu_ss_chev_14.jpg

this is NOT a SS

2006_Chevrolet_Cobalt_SS_exfrpass34.jpg

GM whores out SS on anything and everything. SS has lost its historic meaning.

Yes, Dodge has alot of SRT models, but SRT isnt exactly a well known historic name plate. I also cant think of a single SRT model that cant back up its performance. Where GM slaps SS on N/A 4-banger cobalts, V6 Malibu's, FWD V8 Impalas and Monte Carlo's, hell even on the HRR. Give me a break.

Last edited:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im sorry but i do think the 2.0 ss/sc deserves it and so does the ss/tc , now i cant argue with the n/a

and u are a noob, i BEAT you at the track, i beat ur ass badly and pulled hard on your ass. FAIR AND SQUARE from a DIG!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im sorry but i do think the 2.0 ss/sc deserves it and so does the ss/tc , now i cant argue with the n/a

and u are a noob, i BEAT you at the track, i beat ur ass badly and pulled hard on your ass. FAIR AND SQUARE from a DIG!

I dont remember such a thing, and if you did it would have only been by a few tenths. You wouldnt have beat me "badly". But congratulations, you might have beat a stock GTP that was running high 14's that day. I have since got my personal best at RSD a few weeks after the track day and I have ran better times before the track day under worse conditions. Go figure.

All I can say is you better learn how to drive for this year. :smile:

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
no thier performance is the srt... srt -4, srt-6, srt-8

historically numbnuts. SRT is a new nomenclature, R/T has been used since the musclecar era. SRT was first used in 97, R/T has been used since 67.

As for the SS being only suitable for the camaro, that's just silly. The Impala, Nova, Chevelle, and even El Camino received the original SS nomenclature in the musclecar era. The SS was first brought out on an Impala in 61 and it was ONLY an APPEARANCE package, so how does that make it only suitable for the Camaro and for no other cars for which it is little more than an appearance package?

I do however agree that it is being overused. Until the Imp SS came out in the early 90s, SS had never been applied to anything other than RWD 2 door cars. Now, there are FWD cars, and 4-cyl cars getting SS treatment. I agree that the old Z-XX system would be better suited. By that token though, I guess calling my car a GS is somewhat of a disservice to its musclecar counterpart...oh well.

BluBeaSSt

TCG Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Kansas City Mo
IMO The SS isnt what it used to mean, the Camaro whored it out. GM should of stuck with the fomula they did in the 1st and early 2nd gens:

Z28=Suspesion package

SS= High Output Motor

RS=Body Package

I think the Cobalt SS should be an SS, why? because there isnt a NON SS with a S/C, just like the Impalla,Monte the SS have V8's where there isnt a V8 in any other sub-models.

Ive heard that GM is gonna do the new Camaro right, have the Z28 with a LS2 and the "SS" maybe having an LS7.

BluBeaSSt

TCG Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Kansas City Mo
historically numbnuts. SRT is a new nomenclature, R/T has been used since the musclecar era. SRT was first used in 97, R/T has been used since 67.

As for the SS being only suitable for the camaro, that's just silly. The Impala, Nova, Chevelle, and even El Camino received the original SS nomenclature in the musclecar era. The SS was first brought out on an Impala in 61 and it was ONLY an APPEARANCE package, so how does that make it only suitable for the Camaro and for no other cars for which it is little more than an appearance package?

I do however agree that it is being overused. Until the Imp SS came out in the early 90s, SS had never been applied to anything other than RWD 2 door cars. Now, there are FWD cars, and 4-cyl cars getting SS treatment. I agree that the old Z-XX system would be better suited. By that token though, I guess calling my car a GS is somewhat of a disservice to its musclecar counterpart...oh well.

Sorry Sir your wrong, the 61 Impala had different motor options.

What non SS did you see a 409 in? :coolugh:

BluBeaSSt

TCG Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Kansas City Mo
i just simply meant when the camaro died it should have taken the SS badge w/ since IMO nothing really has been worthy of it since then, even if its just an appearance package

See but the only real Apperance package SS was the Malabu, which IMO was gayer than 1986 AIDS.

But on another note, Ford has done the same thing with SVT, Contour :rofl:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
what did you get that 25 shot of Nawwwssss working

um no better :) and ill find the slip

i have better tires (alot stickier!)
new exedy clutch (stock one was slipping last summer)
possibly a new suspension
cobra heat exchanger
giong wtih a 2.9 pulley

and...... a 50 wet shot :)

and im also getting it tuned or learnign to tune

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info