finally gxp is gone!!! hello trailblazer ss

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
:jg:
its about fuckin time the gxp is gone!!!! thank god!!! i have been looking for one for a long time found one at car max of all places, only 30k miles, black on black, super clean and well maintained truck

i found some issues with it, nothing major, i pick it up friday, so fuckin happy right now, i dont even know what to say lol all i can say is
:jg:

pics will be up when i pick it up

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
only 7k, but i dont fuckin care right now lol i got what i want, it has full warranty, 6 yr 100k bumper to bumper, there were some issues, 2 small door dings, drivers side power seat switch doesnt go up in 1 position, and front fender has small ding

they wouldnt let me take it becasue i found those problem, and want to fix it, make the truck perfect, plus i know the body men at the shop so its all good

i picked it up for 21k not to bad for a 08 with 30k miles on it

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Seems like everyone I know with a GXP, either hates it, does not keep it long, or wants to sell it lol. I think they are nice cars and wouldnt mind one for a DD.

You now know someone that does not fit into that category. I am hoping to keep it for 10 years+. Mine runs good, but I don't beat on it nor drive that many miles so I think that helps. Does eat a bit of oil though. :picard:

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
:werd: Get a trans cooler on it STAT!!!! Still no guarantee it won't go since mine went out a year after I put my trans cooler on and I don't beat on my truck. And check the rear doors right before the wheels for rock chips eating away at your paint, there's a TSB for it and if it's bad they repaint and put a 3M appliqué on.

If you want to mod it and not ruin your warranty
1. Trans cooler installed by dealership or just pray it blows under warranty.
2. Cut off the resonator and garbage can sized muffler and put a magnaflow on it.
3. Get rid of the shitty RSA's as soon as you can. I had Yokohama Paradas on and I loved them (the new 22's have General Grabbers)
Any engine mods like CAI, efans etc require a tune which negates your warranty.

Not to piss on this forum but get on TBSSowners.com if you're not already and come out to the meets. Hell of a nice upgrade BTW.

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
:werd: Get a trans cooler on it STAT!!!! Still no guarantee it won't go since mine went out a year after I put my trans cooler on and I don't beat on my truck. And check the rear doors right before the wheels for rock chips eating away at your paint, there's a TSB for it and if it's bad they repaint and put a 3M appliqué on.

If you want to mod it and not ruin your warranty
1. Trans cooler installed by dealership or just pray it blows under warranty.
2. Cut off the resonator and garbage can sized muffler and put a magnaflow on it.
3. Get rid of the shitty RSA's as soon as you can. I had Yokohama Paradas on and I loved them (the new 22's have General Grabbers)
Any engine mods like CAI, efans etc require a tune which negates your warranty.

Not to piss on this forum but get on TBSSowners.com if you're not already and come out to the meets. Hell of a nice upgrade BTW.

the only mods im going to do are as followed
trans cooler
lowering springs
window tinting is a must
remove the emblems and have my pinstriper do his magic
i know about the bullietin on the paint and plan on the 3m film
cat back is a must
a CAI
tint the tail lights
paint the calipers
the tires will stay until worn down truck only has 30k on it and spring time is coming
might do something to the engine cover
change oil with royal purple or ams oil

and keep it clean it is black and iam nuts about my cars i have
btw it is only 2 wheel drive not the all wheel, and yes i will join that forum as well and come out to meets me and my fiance like going to meets, we went to one from the trailvoy forum and it has fuckin huge ass meet

i talked to my buddy today and its in primer already and the power seat switch is on order so i should have it either on friday or before

pics up when i get it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info