suburban rear end beefier stuff.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
this is just moreover so that i can sort through the countless things regarding this deal...

chime in wherever you feel necessary...

seems as if though the 10bolt just aint too strong.

there are tons of options to replace it though or beef it up or anything or something.

and please chime in if you have any ideas or anything... nothing has gone wrong with mine at all- im just trying to sort through stuff and learn before shit does...

http://performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=475789

Blew the stock 373 g80 to bits in my 2000 sierra.
need to get it up and running this week.
wreckers has a RP0 code AXN rear end with 373s
its noted as the 14 bolt with 9.5'' gear. 6 lug hubs and rear discs.

anybody swapped one of these suckers in ?

i could rebuild the stock 10 bolt, but this is ready to go, fresh pull with low mileage and its going to be stronger that the stock 10 bolt ever was.

just wanted to know if there was any problems out of the ordinary swapping this bitch in ? its -19 this week and unfortunately i have to get it done outside so the more i know now the better.

thanks

HILROD

TCG Elite Member
Oct 22, 2007
ELGIN
The 8.5 Diff it has is pretty stong as is. The G80 locker in it is not. The G is for governor. That little piece of crap lets one wheel spin til it goes fast enough to lock the other in. That's when it brakes. You can either swap in a normal posi carrier or one of the 14 bolts like it shows above. The 14 bolts are big, heavy and parts are expensive, so get one with the gear and posi you'd want the first time.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
ya I'd vote a quality carrier/diff vs swapping up to the heavier corp 14 bolt.

well the escalade esv is a bolt in option it seems.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=425023

As you can read from the posts, "rumor" has it that the 9.5" 14-bolt from certain years of Avalanches, Suburbans and Escalades will "bolt right in". I found a "good deal" on such a rearend out of a 2008 Escalade ESV with only twenty miles on it at a salvage yard in Oklahoma City and it should ship out tomorrow.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
KJ, i've been messing with the trucks for a bit and I couldn't be happier with the Trutrac!! Its a huge upgrade. If at most I'd say you'd have a 3.73, not sure the 4.10's were an option they are mostly in the HD's. Standard is 3.42, mine came w/ 3.73's.. but I'll be stepping up to 4.30's hopefully this year.

The axles in the 10-bolt should be good enough, unless you really plan on some heavy 4-wheeling.

The codes you listed, were those the ones you found on your truck? You could always drop the diff cover and check as well as change out the fluid ;)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
oh sweet. i didnt realize you had a tru trac deal.

the gt5 code i posted is the one thats in my glove box- i even went as far today as to match up the vin numbers- thinking that the glove box may have been replaced with a junker? but nope. its the right one. i really dont think they are 410s tho. i didnt think theyd be too common in a burban, especially with all of the other options. i may drop the cover... or i may just jack it up and spin the driveshaft/tires and count.

i dont plan on really any heavy 4 wheeling- maybe just pulling some boats/putting a little more power through it..

we were drinking beers last night and lookin at the rig. and there is just too much room for people to not turbo these things...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
0125111818.jpg

0125111818a.jpg

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
Option Codes
*GMVIS is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information and is intended for service reference only. Should there be any questions about the vehicle's original build or RPO information please refer to the original vehicle invoice or window sticker.

11U - LT PEWTER METALLIC 1SM - SUBURBAN LT PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP: * AM/FM STEREO W/CASSETTE & CD * 9 SPEAKER SYSTEM W/SUBWOOFER * REAR SEAT AUDIO CONTROLS * 1ST AND 2ND ROW LEATHER SEATING SURFACES * FRONT HIGH BACK BUCKET SEATS * ONSTAR COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM INCL 1YR SAFE & SOUND PLAN * 6 WAY POWER HEATED BUCKET SEAT & DRIVER MEMORY * ELECTRONIC CLIMATE CONTROL
1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS 6XL - COMP FRT LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP
7XL - COMP FRT RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP 922 - MED. GRAY/NEUTRAL LEATHER TRIM
92I - MED. GRAY/NEUTRAL INTERIOR TRIM A31 - POWER WINDOWS
AG1 - SIX-WAY POWER DRIVER SEAT AG2 - 6-WAY POWER DRIVER & PASS SEATS
AJ1 - DEEP TINTED GLASS AN3 - 6-WAY POWER HEATED BUCKET SEATS W/FRNT LEATHER SEATING SURFACES & DRIVER MEMORY
AS3 - CENTER AND REAR SEATS AT5 - FOLDING CENTER SEAT
AU0 - KEYLESS REMOTE DOOR LOCK AND TRUNK OPENER AXP - MPV VIN IDENT POSITION
B30 - WHEELHOUSING & FLOOR CARPETING B35 - COLOR-KEYED REAR FLOOR MATS -CARPETED
B39 - COLOR KEYED FLOOR MATS/ CARPETED B58 - COLOR-KEYED FLOOR MATS, CARPETED
B85 - BRIGHT BODY SIDE MOLDINGS BVE - ASSIST STEPS
C36 - REAR HEATER C49 - ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER
C5Z - 7,200 LB GVW RATING C68 - AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
C69 - AIR CONDITIONING-FRONT & REAR CF5 - ELECTRIC SUNROOF
D07 - CUSTOM FRONT FLOOR CONSOLE DF5 - INT R/V MIRROR, LIGHT SENSITIVE W/OUTSIDE TEMP & COMPASS
DH2 - LIGHTED LH & RH VISOR MIRRORS DK8 - DELUXE OVERHEAD CONSOLE
DR2 - MIRROR O/S ELECTRIC, HEATED DRIVER SIDE ELECTROCHROMIC WITH DUAL GROUND ILLUMINATION EVA - EVAP EMISSION REQUIREMENT
FE9 - FEDERAL/NY/MA/ME/VT EMISSIONS FK2 - TORSION BAR SPRING ADJUSTMENT
FK3 - TORSION BAR SPRING ADJUSTMENT G65 - LEVEL CONTROL MAN,SELF ADJUSTIN
GT5 - REAR AXLE - 4.10 RATIO JAN - ASSEMBLY PLANT-JANESVILLE,WIS.
JC5 - 4 WHEEL POWER DISC BRAKES K34 - CRUISE CONTROL
K47 - HIGH CAPACITY AIR CLEANER KC5 - RECEPTACLE ELECTRICAL,ACCESSORY
KG8 - 130 AMP GENERATOR KNP - HD AUX TRANSMISSION COOLING SYS
L59 - VORTEC 5300 V8 FLEX FUEL ENGINE M30 - 4-SPD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WITH TOW HAUL MODE
NF2 - FEDERAL EMISSION SYSTEM NP5 - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL
NP8 - AUTOTRAC ACTIVE TRANSFER CASE PDZ - TRAILERING PACKAGE INCLUDES: * TRAILERING EQUIPMENT * TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER
PF4 - CAST ALUMINUM WHEELS QMK - P265/70R16 WOL TIRES
SLM - STOCK ORDERS SLT - EQUIP CHEV 'LT' SALES PKG
T96 - FRONT FOG LAMPS UE1 - ONSTAR COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM INCL 1 YR SAFE & SOUND PLAN
UG1 - HOMELINK UK6 - REAR SEAT AUDIO CONTROLS
UP0 - AM/FM STEREO W/CASS & CD PLAYER UQ3 - ENHANCED AUDIO SPEAKERS
UY7 - HD 7-LEAD TRAIL. WIRING HARNESS V22 - DELUXE FRONT APPEARANCE PKG.
V54 - BLACK ROOF LUGGAGE CARRIER V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA
VB3 - CHROME REAR STEP BUMPER VG3 - FRONT DELUXE CHROMED BUMPER
VR4 - WEIGHT DISTRIB. PLATFORM HITCH VXS - COMPLETE VEHICLE LABEL
X88 - CHEVROLET CONVERSION XMK - TIRE FRONT P265/70R16-111S WOL
YD3 - BASE EQUIP FOR SCH GVW PL-FT AX YD6 - BASE REAR SPRING
YE9 - LS TRIM YMK - TIRE REAR P265/70R16-111S WOL
Z82 - HEAVY DUTY TRAILERING EQUIPMENT ZM9 - COMFORT & SECURITY PKG INCLS: * CARPETED FLOOR MATS * ELECTROCHROMIC OSRV MIRRORS * HOMELINK PROGRAMMABLE TRANSMITTER
ZMK - SPARE TIRE P265/70R16-111S WOL ZW7 - PREMIUM RIDE SUSPENSION
ZW9 - CARGO DOORS ZY1 - SOLID PAINT

This is your build via gm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info