Algonquin
http://www.lo-ko.com/

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans]LO-KOâ„¢ Perfomance Coatings, Inc.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans]5340 West 111th Street
Oak Lawn, IL 60453

Phone: 708-424-7863
Fax: 708-424-9378
[/FONT]

X2 on LoKo, thye did a set of LT1 headers I had and they turned out great. My buddies shop uses them on all their header installs.

thanks
I sent them an email last night. They want $300 to coat them.. I am debating..

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
thanks
I sent them an email last night. They want $300 to coat them.. I am debating..

I just called them. Unfortunately the lady that answered the phone wasn't that helpful, but was able to say that the v8 turbo headers I have would be about $300 and they do inside and out. Turnaround is about 1 week. I may bring my stuff there since they are kinda local. Now trying to think if i should get my downpipe coated as well or just leave it. Too many theories on backpressure and it's hard to find anything concrete.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Maybe other people have different experiences but I would not get the inside of your turbo headers done.

If it flakes off you will have dead turbos.

I am personally looking at getting the outside of my new turbo manifolds done and the downpipes done. If I had the time I would get the exhaust side of my turbo's done but they are stuck on the car in some warehouse.

T-minus 30 days till she is sprung free.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Maybe other people have different experiences but I would not get the inside of your turbo headers done.

I am personally looking at getting the outside of my new turbo manifolds done and the downpipes done. If I had the time I would get the exhaust side of my turbo's done but they are stuck on the car in some warehouse.

I just spoke to one of the guys at a new lenox coating place called Winning Color. link ->http://winningcolorspowdercoating.com/

They have a 1400degree coating for turbo setups(they call it TurboX or something). They also recommend doing the downpipe as well. Plus the finish is a satin black which is exactly what I'd want. I asked him about the whole inside of the header coating and it possibly flaking. He said if I'm bringing in headers that were never ran then I would have to let him know before he applies the coating. I guess he puts them in an oven to burn off any oil and debris then is able to apply the ceramic coating. He said that he hasn't had any issues with this coating flaking as long as he knows up front that they need to bake if new. Can't speak for used pipes flaking with the inside coating though.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I just called them. Unfortunately the lady that answered the phone wasn't that helpful, but was able to say that the v8 turbo headers I have would be about $300 and they do inside and out. Turnaround is about 1 week. I may bring my stuff there since they are kinda local. Now trying to think if i should get my downpipe coated as well or just leave it. Too many theories on backpressure and it's hard to find anything concrete.

I used LoKo for years. They were always great to deal with. They did great work and were fast. A couple years back they had horrible service and turn around. I stopped using them. The person I was using closed up shop last fall. Hopefully LoKo is back to their old ways of doing good business.

1400 degrees is not enough protection at all. The stuff you want is flat colors. The more shine the less protection. Check out Swain coatings. Arguably the best in the business. They have a lot of good info on ceramic coatings. They have a good read on the coating of turbo headers too. Do a search on here as this same discussion came up not that long ago.

Also, ceramic coat every thing you can afford to do. Heat management into the turbo and engine bay are critical in a turbo car.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
1400 degrees? Is that enough? People see those exhaust temps on stock block subarus :rofl:

actually it was 1500 degrees, but it should be good enough for what I'm doing. I don't see those pipes getting hotter than that before switching out to a t6 setup. Then that is a whole other ball game. imo. Even talking with Josh@KYTP he said that 1500 degree should be plenty good for this kit and my now and later goals.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I don't think anyone but Swain applies their product. Just wanted to show you what "the best" out there is. Did you read about the temps, internal turbo header coating and such? That was what I wanted you to read more than any thing.

I think they are around $300 for a full length header. A short style turbo header should cost some what less.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

im curious about this as well.

i like this.

I just spoke to one of the guys at a new lenox coating place called Winning Color. link ->http://winningcolorspowdercoating.com/

They have a 1400degree coating for turbo setups(they call it TurboX or something). They also recommend doing the downpipe as well. Plus the finish is a satin black which is exactly what I'd want. I asked him about the whole inside of the header coating and it possibly flaking. He said if I'm bringing in headers that were never ran then I would have to let him know before he applies the coating. I guess he puts them in an oven to burn off any oil and debris then is able to apply the ceramic coating. He said that he hasn't had any issues with this coating flaking as long as he knows up front that they need to bake if new. Can't speak for used pipes flaking with the inside coating though.

so used what should i do?

I used LoKo for years. They were always great to deal with. They did great work and were fast. A couple years back they had horrible service and turn around. I stopped using them. The person I was using closed up shop last fall. Hopefully LoKo is back to their old ways of doing good business.

1400 degrees is not enough protection at all. The stuff you want is flat colors. The more shine the less protection. Check out Swain coatings. Arguably the best in the business. They have a lot of good info on ceramic coatings. They have a good read on the coating of turbo headers too. Do a search on here as this same discussion came up not that long ago.

Also, ceramic coat every thing you can afford to do. Heat management into the turbo and engine bay are critical in a turbo car.

what if the pipes are stainless?

can stainless turbo hotside pipes be coated?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info