Real Name
Mike
go ahead and bash all you want now :rofl:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=6594

Car was driven by Steve Millen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Millen

His thoughts on each car
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/0508_ct_OnTrack.pdf

Where the GT-R shined brightest was at the racetrack. You can see from its lap times that it handed both the Chevrolet Corvette and Porsche 911 Turbo their respective lunches, working its way around Buttonwillow's challenging Race No. 13 configuration about 5 sec. faster than the others. We were all impressed with Nissan's twin-turbo 3.8-liter V-6 that produces 480 bhp at 6400 rpm and 434 lb.-ft. of torque from 3200 to 5200 rpm, mated to a rear-mounted 6-speed twin-clutch gearbox. The IHI turbos, mounted to the exhaust manifolds for quick response, provide 11.8 psi of boost, helping the GT-R reach 60 mph in 3.4 sec., and get to the quarter mile in 11.8 — right there with the others despite its test weight of 3960 lb.

The Nissan's handling balance is so spectacular that it registered 1.01g on the skidpad and romped through the slalom at an impressive 73.4 mph, about 3 mph faster than the others (and faster than the Ferrari Enzo).

The 911 Turbo's price tag of $135,470 immediately puts it at a disadvantage in this test...the reality is that's the price one pays to drive, and be seen driving, Zuffenhausen's best. But when it comes to just the numbers, Japan's new super coupe has caught and surpassed the German thunder car, meaning that now, when you say Porsche, there is a substitute.

We all agreed that the Corvette is the best-looking of the bunch. Its low, wide stance instantly implies that it means business. And when you consider its price tag of $79,595, the Corvette Z06 is still one of the best deals on the planet...only now, it may have company.

As for the car's styling, we like it, although there are others who feel that it looks too robot-like. But the bottom line here has little to do with the car's looks and everything to do with how it performed. Simply put, the GT-R is the most potent automobile to ever come from Japan, and will surely have manufacturers in America and Europe rethinking their ways. If it weren't for the car's $69,850 asking price (an estimated $72,880 for our test car) — and the fact it wears a Nissan badge — the GT-R might well be considered the most exotic car on the planet.

oh and before you vultures jump all over me, the other two cars are still amazing and i i STILL BELIEVE THE ZR1 WILL BE THE MOST DOMINANT CAR OUT THERE ONCE IT HITS THE ROAD..but for now, give respect where respect is due

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
out.

ejection.jpg

Mirz

Banned
Jun 1, 2007
i'm by no means declaring it the king of the road (tho imo it currently is). i still feel the vette is a great value and a GREAT performer...i just always will have a bias

how the fuck is it the king of the road? yea let me guess because I take the goddamn Laguna Seca to work everyday. The road means the road like the shitty jane addams tollway. The z06 would destroy the fat pig on the reality road. Btw R&d pulled a 14.0 out of a Ls2 GTO. I wouldn't trust those suckas anyways. Btw who does millen tune for?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info