Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
First off, big thanks to Joe aka BruGTP for bringing the car out tonight. I had planned on spending the whole evening asleep on the couch due to a monster headache but i couldnt pass up the opportunity to check out this car. as most of you know joe works for cars.com so currently he has a G8 in his possession. over the weekend he said he would have the car today and that if i wanted, i could get a little time with it (him driving of course) to see if pontiac got shit right....and overall, they did. the excitement is definately back.

pros:
for being a 4100lb car, it gets up and goes. smoother power delivery. plenty of torque down low. VERY smooth ride. interior fit and finish is over pretty good with a only a few complaints which ill get into. the typical pontiac grilles actually look great on the car as to the hood scoops. definately worth the 30k price of admission.

cons:
automatic....while not horrible, definately isnt great. a manual is a must in this car. i agree w/ joe that the rims definately blow chunks. the 19s are a definate must also. stereo is good but the massive screen isnt needed as it doesnt have nav and isnt touch screen. the two monitoring gauges picture below in the set are completely worthless and it boggles the mind why pontiac would put them there. overall tho, very little complaints.

on with the pics! sorry for the quality..dark...late...and didnt feel like messing w/ the camera....

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

wtf :ugh:

IMG_0773.jpg

big screen for show..no navi or touch

IMG_0774.jpg

6 second video to show off the engine and exhaust noise from inside the car. it was impressive enough to say the least

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl90AfHDq_Q

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Those gauges look like their from an NES game. Might as well have little hearts and the worse the conditions the less hearts you have for oil and volts. Then add the zelda theme while they're at it.
I want to like this car, it needs a proper trans though. Why cant Pontiac just shit those things over here with all the Holden stuff on it? A little HSV body kit would be nice too.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Id rock out with my cock out in that thing.

Those gauges look like their from an NES game. Might as well have little hearts and the worse the conditions the less hearts you have for oil and volts. Then add the zelda theme while they're at it.
I want to like this car, it needs a proper trans though. Why cant Pontiac just shit those things over here with all the Holden stuff on it? A little HSV body kit would be nice too.

:rofl: Add a few more Zelda touches. Make the master sword the shifter, boomerang the turnsignal (fitting that its comming from AU). Get Dodge to give the Charger the Gannon theme since it looks like a fat pig.

Last edited:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Checking in :bigthumb:

We're hiring interns for the summer :D I've been there for a little over a year and I'm an Assistant Editor. This was my first gig out of college.

As for the G8: Once they've been out on the streets for a while I'd like to trade-in the GTP for one. I was telling Mike that I'd just slap a centrifugal charger on it and call it a day. One thing has got to go, though: The Goodyear RSA tires :puke:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info