Will my modified car pass emissions? Well, see my vid

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I decided to make a dumb video today because I'm board and just got back from Vegas. If you saw my build thread then you know I just did a bit of work on my car last month and will be doing more soon. I got my emissions requirement document thingy in the mail last week and thought. Hmm, this is a perfect time to bring in my car because it's going under the knife and I don't know for how long. Interesting thing is that I left my catback off because it wasn't worth putting it on to take it back off as I'm not done yet this winter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKo-0_0Qsj0

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Or just make sure all of your cars are older than 1995. No emissions for the 300zx because of that. Daily driver just goes in and all they check is that the gas cap actually seals.

The guys with 300zx's out in california are starting to run into issues passing as they make them stricter and stricter the older they get. Glad Illinois ran out of money to test older cars on the dyno with sniffers.

SilentShado

303 HP+315 ft lbs = 1 GXP with 2 bald bridgestones
Apr 3, 2009
Mchenry, IL
Or just make sure all of your cars are older than 1995. No emissions for the 300zx because of that. Daily driver just goes in and all they check is that the gas cap actually seals.

The guys with 300zx's out in california are starting to run into issues passing as they make them stricter and stricter the older they get. Glad Illinois ran out of money to test older cars on the dyno with sniffers.

hmmm when did that take effect. About 5 years ago I had a 1983 VW that I stored in winters, and the damn thing always needed the testing in the winter. I got fed up and sold it.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I went in to the emissions place, rattling the windows of the waiting room booth with everyone staring at me. After the test, the guy gave me the stink eye and said it smells like the car is running rich. I rofled and IO'ed.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Mine had to go in right after I had my cam/headers/catless etc all done, but it was tuned at that point also, so i got thru just fine. haha. Ive never had cats on any of my cars since ive moved out here and ive never had a problem passing. My dads 92 f-body has more trouble passing than any car ive ever owned. :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm close enough to Boone that my address falls outside the emissions area. KJ does emissions for example... I do not. None in the 5+ years I've been out there. I'm sure in time it'll make it to me.

:werd:

Yes and no.

Yes, you cannot have CEL’s but you still can fail without CEL’s if you have readiness monitors “not ready”.

yep

What really screws those guys up, is if you go in with something like a scan gauge or HPT cable already plugged into your OBDII port.

i wanna do that.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Mine had to go in right after I had my cam/headers/catless etc all done, but it was tuned at that point also, so i got thru just fine. haha. Ive never had cats on any of my cars since ive moved out here and ive never had a problem passing. My dads 92 f-body has more trouble passing than any car ive ever owned. :rofl:

That is because he still had to go on the rollers. If your car with no cats had to go on the rollers I gurantee it wouldn't pass unless you did some under the table schenanigans.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info