Painted my Grill today

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Got a bit bored this morning and removed the entire front clip from the ranger, got the trans dipstick tube into the correct place finally, so I could get a better look at the front of the motor *Gotta pull water pump as its seeping a spec of coolant, and Figure It'll get its cam before the season starts*

I've decided in the long-run the truck is staying its orange color, but I'm going to replace everything that is/was chrome with Black, or match it to the body (Ditching rear bumper for roll pan, ditching front bumper for 01-03 'edge' model front bumper, ditching chrome 'bubble' rims for the black Craigers), as well as I'm going to pickup a set of 'black housing' headlights and turnsignals.

Today I sanded and painted the grill a satin black, and am debating if I want to do a 'teeth' on it as well or not:

2de6ec8a.jpg

Picture doesn't do it justice, came out surprisingly well.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Rattle can?

Yup. The grill was a junkyard 'base model' grill, so it was unpainted, just cleared. Scuffed it, laid 4 coats of black satin, let it dry, masked it off for teeth, 4 coats white for teeth, let it dry.

Now I'm going to scuff the whole thing with 320 to smooth it out, and then going to hit it with satin clear and call it a day.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
*but* what are you talking "about"

Grammar police up in here...

is that going on the orange truck?
Yuppers. I put it on the green truck for fun to see how I like it, and I'm quite fond of it. The satin makes it very subtle even up close honestly, not gawdy like I feared it would be IMO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info