1969 numbers matching firebird/restoration

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
this is my bosses car, complete body off restoration the pics you see now is only 3 weeks of work, new fenders, new quaters, new rear body panle, left and right outer wheel houses were sectioned left and right rear floor pans sectioned, new core support, doors deck lid and hood are in primer

its going back to black, black interior, 4 speed car, small block so here are the pics

001-24.jpg

002-27.jpg

003-26.jpg

004-18.jpg

005-17.jpg

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
im just typing what my boss told me, the engine is rebuilt already, ill get a pic next week of that

next week ill be painting the underside with por-15 chassis black, then install all new brake lines, fuel lines, body plugs, and anything else that has to go on before the rear end and the sub frame goes on

more pics next week

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
im just typing what my boss told me, the engine is rebuilt already, ill get a pic next week of that

next week ill be painting the underside with por-15 chassis black, then install all new brake lines, fuel lines, body plugs, and anything else that has to go on before the rear end and the sub frame goes on

more pics next week

Ahh. Well, I'm assuming it had a 326 (which is the most common motor for that year)...but I'm hoping it's the second most popular (ram air III 400).

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
i know its a pontiac engine that i do know, i was just typing what he said, he thinks he knows what he talks about but he doesnt know. IE-he doesnt even know what panle bond was until i introduced it to him

ill snap a pic of the block and post it next week

Not really needed, block should be marked what size it is on the driver's side towards the back of the block. It's actually in the casting. I'm REALLY curious about what head's are going on there though to determine the compression. There are 2 head styles, one has round outlets, and the other has d ports. In the middle between the middle 2 exhaust ports will be a #...IE:6x/4x/72/16. I can tell you what the compression will be if you can tell me the block/heads combo.

I have a bank of unused Poncho info in my brain that needs to get out...

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
Not really needed, block should be marked what size it is on the driver's side towards the back of the block. It's actually in the casting. I'm REALLY curious about what head's are going on there though to determine the compression. There are 2 head styles, one has round outlets, and the other has d ports. In the middle between the middle 2 exhaust ports will be a #...IE:6x/4x/72/16. I can tell you what the compression will be if you can tell me the block/heads combo.

I have a bank of unused Poncho info in my brain that needs to get out...

like i said the block is assembled and ready to go back in the sub frame
all i can do is get pics of the block assembled and of any numbers i see on it

Yes, hope the boss man plans to put a Poncho engine back in it. Tired of seeing small block Chevys with Edelbrock carbs and intake manifolds mated to a 350 trans in every damn classic.

Plain and simple it is the cheaper cost and easier path of resistence. If its the difference between all of them having that or being crushed into cubes because peopel couldn't afford to do them o.e. style I will take the former over the latter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info