Man Arrested After Posting 195 MPH Corvette Run On YouTube

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Follow link for video: http://jalopnik.com/5716931/man-arrested-after-posting-195-mph-corvette-run-on-youtube

If you're gonna speed on public streets don't tape it. If you do tape it, don't upload it to YouTube with the title "1000+ HP Corvette Doing 195+ mph." Otherwise, you'll end up in handcuffs like this 30-year-old from Oklahoma.

30-year-old Cody Replogle was hoping to sell his extensively modified Corvette and used the YouTube videos of himself supposedly going 195 mph around Oklahoma City freeways as some sort of ******ment to would-be buyers who might be impressed by how easy it is to be a complete and utter moron in the car.

340x_speeder_vette_mugshot.jpg

Replogle's original videos linked to this eBay Motors listing, which describes the car as a one-off blown 'Vette with $60K worth of upgrades. On the listing he brags about his speeding exploits:

500x_speeder_vette_ebay.jpg

Here are two more videos of in the car that I took today.
This one is getting onto the highway and climbing to about 160. (dead video link)
This one is getting onto the turnpike and climing over 195+ mph. I was in 5th gear and still had some gear left. It still has 6th gear also. It was a constant acceleration all the way as you can see. This car will easily go well over 200 mph if you are crazy enough and have the stomach for it. (dead video link)
He attempted to sell the car with a buy-it-now price of $26K but the highest bid of $15K didn't meet the reserve price and the auction ended unsuccessfully earlier this month. Someone saw the video on his now empty YouTube page and called the police. It didn't take long for the Oklahoma City PD to get him to confess to owning the car, speeding, and then posting the video to YouTube.

speeder_vette_screenshot.jpg

Replogle pulled all his videos down, but we were able to locate the one where he brags he's going 195 mph. We called the number Replogle has listed on his eBay listing and left a message. We've received no response.

There are many lessons here, but the most important one is this: if he did this on a track he'd have maybe sold his car and not ended up going to jail. Now he potentially might have to sell the car for a low price just to cover his legal bills. (Hat tip to James!)

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
A couple of years ago some guy in California was busted the same way for going 150+ mph. He video-taped the speedo and front windshield when he did it and it was used in court. Posting vids on Youtube can lead to all kinds of trouble. Some guys rented a Dodge Neon, add nitrous and raced it on a track over a weekend and video taped all the races. When they took the rental back it wasn't running well. Someone at the car rental place saw the video and they went after the guys for repairs.

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
A). Holy @#%$ that car is FAST!

B). Umm...dumb@$$ for posting it on eBay. That's Social Darwinism right there. I've seen people doing that on I-90, but it's not illegal until you get caught. Seems like Einstein caught himself.

C). I wonder if he'll take a used G/P GTP on trade

:fy:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info