Volkwagen peeps step in, IAT sensor on a 2.0L jetta

So after diagnosing misfires a couple months back and finally getting my hands on the car again and getting all the codes cleared I found the one code that came back that's keeping my sisters 2000 Jetta from passing emissions. It was a P0112 which is an Intake Air Temperature Low Circuit. Description can be seen here:
http://www.obd-codes.com/p0112

So I'm going to jump to the conclusion that the IAT is bad. Going to replace that first and clear the code and hope that it runs better and doesn't come back. So I have been reading up on replacing one of these and it is saying the the IAT is an integral part of the MAF sensor. So does that mean that I'd have to replace both? Because I had my sister order the part from car quest and you can order just the IAT so I assume there is a way to remove it seperately. I'm just asking cause I didn't get a chance to look at it, and I want the job to go as smoothly as possible so I'm not standing out in a cold ass garage for too long.

Re:

So I'm going to jump to the conclusion that the IAT is bad. Going to replace that first and clear the code and hope that it runs better and doesn't come back. So I have been reading up on replacing one of these and it is saying the the IAT is an integral part of the MAF sensor. So does that mean that I'd have to replace both? Because I had my sister order the part from car quest and you can order just the IAT sensor so I assume there is a way to remove it seperately. I'm just asking cause I didn't get a chance to look at it, and I want the job to go as smoothly as possible so I'm not standing out in a cold ass garage for too long.[/QUOTE]

I do agree. I wonder why the IAT sensor in Volkswagen cars are low in quality. Anyway, with regard to your question, you obviously need to replace the MAF sensor as well, since both are integrated. :D

Keep it flowing!

93 Formula Mods: 383, LE2 Heads/Intake, 226/230 cam, 52MM TB, Magnaflow cat back, Brake Disc LT headers, CAI, SFC, Strut Brace, Adj LCA, Adj Panhard, Oil Pan Gasket Set Relocated Torque Arm, Progressive Rate Springs, Short Throw Shifter

anything built into the throttle body like tps sensor you have to replace the whole thing for 500 bucks my buddy had to do that

:eek:rly:
cause it was like the guy above you said, the IAC just turned out to be a part of the MAF sensor and that had to be replaced. $200 for the MAF sensor and $20 labor and my buddies shop cause I was tired of dealing with that piece and it passed emission too. So I don't know where you got that logic from :dunno:

HYPERformance

Regular
Jan 29, 2011
I was just saying everything is built into one part so parts get expensive. That's why my bro alWays says any German car is great but once the warranty is up then sell stand never buy one without a warranty. I am looking at Audi a6 biturbo for 8k but no warranty so its hard decision but my buddy that owns it is replacing everything that is going out even has brand new turbos

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info