98 camaro IAT reisistor mod anybody

takeova07

Nov 4, 2010
So today as i was putting my SLP air lid on I noticed the IAT was not pluged in. I Grabbed the plug and it had 2 resistors in it i looked this up on google and some people said it worked some didnt. I get the fact that its making the pcm think its dense air coming in so its dumping more fuel so I've read but my gas mileage seems fine. Anybody do this to there car if so Pro's and Con's i dont want to undo this if its some type of benifit. Like i said this I have a 98 Z28.....

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
So today as i was putting my SLP air lid on I noticed the IAT was not pluged in. I Grabbed the plug and it had 2 resistors in it i looked this up on google and some people said it worked some didnt. I get the fact that its making the pcm think its dense air coming in so its dumping more fuel so I've read but my gas mileage seems fine. Anybody do this to there car if so Pro's and Con's i dont want to undo this if its some type of benifit. Like i said this I have a 98 Z28.....

i will shove the iat sensor up your asshole, hook up a power and use your balls as ground and then make your mother stand there with my DVOM and test the sensor as it measures your prostate's temperature if you do that.

find me a pro that would outweigh THAT con

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i will shove the iat sensor up your asshole, hook up a power and use your balls as ground and then make your mother stand there with my DVOM and test the sensor as it measures your prostate's temperature if you do that.

hoyl fucking shit. i just saw this come across live feed and i cant stop laughing omg.

takeova07

Nov 4, 2010

Really whats the purpose of you putting that if your not here to help WHY POST!!!!!!!!!

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Hey cut the guy some slack, he just got the car.

He noticed something he thought was weird and thought he'd ask why.

Just put it back the way it was supposed to be, plug the sensor back in.

Keep looking around for anything else you find that you think is weird. Try to ignore some of the BS you'll come across.

Wait....the people above don't know this guy personally? That's what I assumed.

For sure put it back stock. There are far better ways to go about that like a custom tune. I'd wait till you get some mods though.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I have no clue if this dude is new or not. Obviously new to his car though.

People gotta take it easy if he's new to the board. No reason to be an ass if he's just looking for some honest help.

Having an ultimate goal is best and you've gotta weigh in what the usage of the car is. If it's an all year long daily commuter you'll probably wanna go a way different route then if it's a dedicated drag car.

takeova07

Nov 4, 2010
^ ilikeMTB999 Thanks for backing me up

takeova07 A guy a long time ago told me to 1st think about what I wanted out of the car. Try not to just start buying a bunch of shit for your car.

Before I get too carried away I have to assume your a noobie, if not I do apologize.

What modifications are already done to your car right now?
Borla exhaust 3" cat back headers ory Slp air lid k&n filter

takeova07

Nov 4, 2010
I have no clue if this dude is new or not. Obviously new to his car though.

People gotta take it easy if he's new to the board. No reason to be an ass if he's just looking for some honest help.

Having an ultimate goal is best and you've gotta weigh in what the usage of the car is. If it's an all year long daily commuter you'll probably wanna go a way different route then if it's a dedicated drag car.
not a daily. My Mcss is daily the z28 is in storage for winter

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
jsut givin ya shit dude.

rule #1 of modding: if it seems too good/easy to be true...it is

your car has a good foundation for mods. from here on out you want to look at things along the line of cold air (ftra or the speedinc chris#### ram air box) underdrive pullies, rear end gear changes.

highly suggest the first thing you do is put some subframe connectors (weldin) on before you mod ANYTHING.

check out this section...most of your questions will be answered here
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine-6/

your prostate is safe this round.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info