Frozen Wipers FTL, Need insight

SilentShado

303 HP+315 ft lbs = 1 GXP with 2 bald bridgestones
Apr 3, 2009
Mchenry, IL
So this morning I started my car and tossed on the defroster to get rid of the ice on the windshield from this weekend. Most of the ice was melted and was water droplets so I flick on my wipers, well it turned out that the passenger wiper was frozen to the windshield still. I tried to shut them off but it was too late, the drivers side went but the passenger stayed in place. I got to work and chipped the ice away from the wiper and now it only moves about 3 inches. Am I looking at a new motor assembly or did I just strip a gear that is easily replaceable?

SuperDaveGSE

Hole Enlarger
May 14, 2009
Antioch,Il
Before you go and buy or take it anywhere for a new motor or what not, pop your hood look at the wiper arm. There should be a cap at the end of it, take that off. That should uncover a 13mm bolt, put the wiper in the position it should be when the wipers are off then tighten down that bolt. The same thing happened to me last winter it was just the bolt.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Before you go and buy or take it anywhere for a new motor or what not, pop your hood look at the wiper arm. There should be a cap at the end of it, take that off. That should uncover a 13mm bolt, put the wiper in the position it should be when the wipers are off then tighten down that bolt. The same thing happened to me last winter it was just the bolt.

Fucking :werd: This is your problem, does that on purpose so you don't break anything. Make sure it's in the right place when you tighten it though.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
The problem I had with the cavalier, not sure if its the same transmission, but there was a pin by the motor for the parking mechanism, that got jammed in there, a lil wd40 and a few quick taps made it work again. although it was a pain and a half to get the ... can't think of the word ... plastic dealy in front of the windshield off on mine.

SilentShado

303 HP+315 ft lbs = 1 GXP with 2 bald bridgestones
Apr 3, 2009
Mchenry, IL
This. And the build yourself a garage.

Thanks for everyones help, it was the bolt that came loose good as new again. Unfortunately I do have a garage (3) car BTW, I have my ranger in there and the rest is filled with lawn equipment and bikes, power wheels, wagons and a bunch of kids toys.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info